now I know why a post loose money

I just got a letter parcel it had sydney water  and on the right postage paid australia, on the back it had many ways to pay your bill.

well I dont live in sydney ,but it was addressed to me ,I opened it and it was a parcel I ordered from a seller in nsw. he used there paid envelope from sydney water which he got his bill in .

what a cheapscate

Message 1 of 279
Latest reply
278 REPLIES 278

So what area of Sydney is the Seller in Joe?   It is only fair that we have some idea so we have more chance of guessing

Message 51 of 279
Latest reply

berala

Message 52 of 279
Latest reply

What's the prize? A used envelope from Sydney Water?
Message 53 of 279
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

@masterstroke.eng wrote:

And you get up my goat ! cant see any thing wrong with being charged a mere $2 for postage  when you factor in all the ebay paypal  charges ,stationary  and handling and  by the way they are NOT Pensioner stamps , the are CONCESSION STAMPS

What's with factoring in paypal and ebay charges?   That's not allowed.

You can't lump your fees onto the buyer.  Maybe the 10% on postage.

My bet is, they don't even read their invoices to see they're paying 20c

for postage % to ebay

IMO $2 is excessive  for a piece of paper in an envelope.

Most sellers in my category charge $1 and a lot only charge 80c

It costs less than 1c for an envelope so how much are the handling charges?

Most times for what I buy the extra dollar makes the item not worth it

As englishrosegarden said, a polite note next time will let them know

And yes, I concede on the 'pensioner' stamps.  Concession it is.

Speaking of which - if the postage goes up, do we still get to use

the stamps that only cost 60c?

I am a pensioner and have been dabbling on ebay for a couple of years. I had to apply to Aus Post to get my Consession Stamps which I got . I have used most of them and still have 3 months to go before I can get anymore. My letters cost From $1.40 To $3.50 just to post, My envelopes are all Hard Cardboard envelopes to protect the Items I have sold. I use my consession stamps and am proud that I do. I am 68 years old have paid all my taxes and I am entitled to anything the Goverment Want To Give Pensioners. The $3.50 postage items I sell I buy the stamps at the PO and if I dont have the cash I will use my consession stamps. When a person pays they expect their item as soon as possible and Paypal and Banks take a few days for the funds to be available. Please dont run down Pensioners because without us you wouldn't be here.

Gayle

Message 54 of 279
Latest reply

lol  its a real prize 

Message 55 of 279
Latest reply

What - four pens that cost you a dollar?  Maybe a concession stamp?  Smiley Tongue

Message 56 of 279
Latest reply

no stamps are used only a used utility postage stamp envelope which costs the seller 0000000000  , 

guess the utility to have a chance of winning thr prize

Message 57 of 279
Latest reply

While we are nit picking on saving on postage, what about sellers who buy satchels in bulk and then quote single satchel price..hence pocketing the 10% discount on the postal cost...Are they crooks too..?

Discounts are allocated to the person eligeble for a discount to use as they seem fit. If that person passes that discount on then the buyer in that case would be proifiting from the concession discount, is that ethical? ie. buyer is claiming that discount is theirs to save not the pensioners. The discount has nothing to do wiith the buyer, so they shouldn't expect it.

If a pensioner gets a discount on buying stock are they expected to then knock that of final sale price also . So that discount is passed onto buyer, who is not qualified for a discount?

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 58 of 279
Latest reply

@joethenuts wrote:

well i have spent big ,  I have just ordered from the same place , get this 4 blue-pens + delivery from sydney to mebourne ,yes you are right for a whole $1. .

now I am taking bets on what utility company envelope will it come in , the first to get it right will win a prize , only  1 entry per Id  good luck......entries close when i get my order of pens.

I bought a CD from someone once, who offered free postage (they tried to tack on postage after the auction, but removed it when I contested, but that's a bit by the by). 

They used a government department (postage paid) envelope to send it to me - by all indications, they worked there, and I know of a few other instances where people have used their work mail system for things like this. It's not AP that that's getting ripped off per se (though the sender has likely accessed cheaper than normal postage rates), it's the companies they work for. 

Message 59 of 279
Latest reply

who is talking about discounts not me , I am talking about using used postage page envelopes again mmmmm

Message 60 of 279
Latest reply