now I know why a post loose money

I just got a letter parcel it had sydney water  and on the right postage paid australia, on the back it had many ways to pay your bill.

well I dont live in sydney ,but it was addressed to me ,I opened it and it was a parcel I ordered from a seller in nsw. he used there paid envelope from sydney water which he got his bill in .

what a cheapscate

Message 1 of 279
Latest reply
278 REPLIES 278

this could be the case but we will see in a few days when the pens come either in a sydney-water envelope or an utility envelope

Message 61 of 279
Latest reply

My guess - tel$tra envelope.
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 62 of 279
Latest reply

@1997crows1998 wrote:

. Please dont run down Pensioners because without us you wouldn't be here.

Gayle

I can not see anywhere on this thread where anyone has run Pensioners down.....only the practice of using their concessions when selling on ebay.

But please explain how "we" would not be here without pensioners?

I am 69 and not a pensioner but for the life of me I can't understand why I owe anything to pensioners.

Message 63 of 279
Latest reply

Yeah.   I give up.  Now it's pensioners propping up ebay is it?

Just cos I mentioned the concession stamps.

My point was  -  and pay attention all you lurkers -

I was charged $2 postage and it was posted with a concession stamp

It put the item over what I called a reasonable cost.   Happened with more than

one seller.

$1 is plenty for p&h  IMO

Spoiler

I'm sure 1997crows1998 would not get as many nibbles on her items if she

charged $2 to send one lousy card - noticed her p&h stars are dinged anyway

Message 64 of 279
Latest reply

Joe,  I'll take Energy Australia in the sweep     toothless.gif

Message 65 of 279
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Yeah.   I give up.  Now it's pensioners propping up ebay is it?

Just cos I mentioned the concession stamps.

My point was  -  and pay attention all you lurkers -

I was charged $2 postage and it was posted with a concession stamp

It put the item over what I called a reasonable cost.   Happened with more than

one seller.

$1 is plenty for p&h  IMO

Spoiler

I'm sure 1997crows1998 would not get as many nibbles on her items if she

charged $2 to send one lousy card - noticed her p&h stars are dinged anyway

I know this post is more directed at something else, but I just wanted to add that I gave a kudos to lane's post because I personally don't see this as an issue. I know it's a matter of personal opinion, so I'm not trying to start a debate about it, just clarifying my position on it. 

I could be wrong, but I suspect the issue was with the actual postage charge being more than what you're prepared to pay, and the concession stamp was more akin to adding insult to injury that the injury itself, but IMO postage costs aren't exactly a matter of fact kind of thing, where a certain charge is the "right" charge, just because AP have a fixed charge. 

The way I look at it, the P&H quote on a listing is a service quote - for the seller's service, not AP's service, actual costs to seller dictate service charges, but sometimes you'll find that a seller values their service a bit higher than a buyer does. That doesn't mean the seller is doing the wrong thing, it means the buyer and seller disagree over value. 

The other thing is, sellers aren't obliged to work out P&H costs the same way a buyer would. Take my shop for example, I sell lots of lower value items, most going in a large letter for $1.40 stamp price. I charge more than that, and then provide a flat rate for - essentially - accumulative discounts, my flat rate is worked out on averages, plus a few other factors, and it makes things easier for everyone. If a buyer purchases one thing, they might not see my P&H charges as brilliant value, but the other day I had someone buy well over 50 items, and pay the same as everyone who only buys 1 item (I actualy paid 15 x more than what they paid, though overall there was no loss on P&H, as such). 

The picture is bigger than what one person pays and gets for one item, and it's a seller's perogative to make such business decisions, whether they have a shop or sell casually. Buyer will continue to judge them for it, of course, but most sellers know that, too. 

Message 66 of 279
Latest reply

And I'll take Vicroads. b0204.gif

image host
Message 67 of 279
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

Hey,  laughin' boy - isn't Joe buying from NSW?

Message 68 of 279
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

You lost Kopes.  The seller is in NSW so is unlikely to be getting a bill from Vicroads.

I vote for Auburn Local Council.

Message 69 of 279
Latest reply

if you win kope ,I will walk up the main street here naked holding a can of paint . plus your prize

Message 70 of 279
Latest reply