paypal

Posted this somewhere else & somebody reckons I should have put it here, so here it is.

Here's one I'm sure you have all heard before. Been with eBay since US inception, been with PayPal since it's inception. Retired from professional selling some 10 years ago but kept accounts with eBay & accounts (multiple) with Paypal.

Mostly used the eBay accounts to buy but we are moving house so want to offload some of our household stuff locally & listed items on eBay. eBay make it compulsory to include Paypal as an option for payment.

All goes well, we sell some stuff, everybody is happy they get bargains because we sell cheap.

I state on all my listings that we much prefer cash on pick up but some guy buys 2 quality bedside tables with a couple of matching bedside lamps thrown in for $35 ---- for some reason he pays with Paypal. All seems OK, the bloke picks up his stuff, can't believe it's so cheap & leaves positive feedback.

I check my Paypal account & they have frozen the funds ($35-commission) because they claim 1) We are new sellers& they need to verify we are legit? (after 15 years trading) 2) They need to verify the buyer has been sent the item & is satisfied with it & leaves positive feedback when this is obvious.

Fiirstly I reported fraudulent behaviour within Paypal's internal system stating they had stolem my funds to which I received a nonsensical email reply explaining the funds were in my account but held until they verified the buyer had been shipped the item & they were happy with it. What part of positive feedback translates into "buyer is not happy"!

So I telehone Paypal & get a nice Philipino person who keeps spouting the Paypal regulations about how they are obliged, in the interests of buyer &seller to steal my money for 21 days (or longer if they see fit) waiting to see if the buyer is happy or I am a "fraudulent seller".

Of course the nice Philipino person was not authorised to help me so he passed me on to another nice Philipino person (in Manilla) who supposedly is more senior. I asked the nice Philipino representative if he was actually in direct employ of the criminal organisation know as Paypal or simply answered the phone in Manilla from a call centre. Didn't really get a definite answer on that one. Anyway end of the day the crims at Paypal have my money & the bloke who took my stuff is probably also being debited so they have double dipped.

I know it makes no difference to eBay or Papal that my next step will be to cancel our Paypal accounts & I will discuss with my wife whether we may also just cancel our several eBay accounts after 15 or so years. Basically I just feel I should not support what this online trading company has become.

Since posting this somebody pointed me to a link about notifying the ombudsman of paypal's criminal behaviour so I will do that to add to the other 1000s of complaints from other innocent people they have shafted.

If you have been gypped by these people as well please comment on this post & let's see how long it takes for them to delete it.

Peace.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

paypal

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Sorry surf,  you've ended up at the same place

You need to go here -

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/bd-p/2500000010

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

paypal

Thanks for pointing it out, I tried & it's a bit confusing. Actually I'm over it, I filed a complaint & will wait to see the result. eBay bye bye, paypal bye bye. Take care.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

paypal

It's OK.   The mods have moved it to the right boards now   grin.gif

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

paypal

Maybe it's just me, but I thought the post was in the right place the first time?  ie on Selling

Now there's two threads from the same OP

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

paypal

Seems from what I'm reading here and other similar posts in the past that if you buy the insurance the only way you will get them to cough up is if the item is totaly lost and they are unable to track it down.

If we buy insurnace it is usually only when the parcel we are sending is large enough to be of reasonably high value so we insure against total loss. Since our things are soft and "squishy" they dont break in transit.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

paypal

Sorry posted this in the wrong thread. My bad!

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

paypal

@5kazam wrote:

Maybe it's just me, but I thought the post was in the right place the first time?  ie on Selling

Now there's two threads from the same OP

It was posted on Community Spirit.  I tried re-directing OP.

but he ended up with duplicate posts on the same board.

Mods moved both to selling and didn't combine.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

paypal

Just a slight correction, not that anybodys gives a rat''s, with my earliest ID I have been with eBay for 17 years. Over that period by eBay's new system of accounting my average sale per item has been over US$200. Lots of happy camper customers, only one complaint from a person who obviously forgot to take their meds. none of this matters, eBay/PayPal decided to steal my money using the excuse that i haven't traded enough & also they can't be sure the buyer is satisfied I haven't sold them something they may not be satisfied with even though they picked up the item & left highy complementary feedback.

Bunch of crooks, Ned Kelly had nothing om=n these people!.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

paypal

3 days after contacting the ombudsman & filing a complaint PayPal released my funds. Thanks for all the advice on this board.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply