please help

please help ,[ from active seller ids only  ]. can you explain if sending multiple items how does ebays policy go with being tracked.

if 1 of the items is not there , for instance  sellersends all items in 1 package ,for saving the buyer postage  , but 1 item is missing .

as i know pretty much if its tracked and it gets there ,its in the seller favour  , but if its not tracked   its in te buyers favour  thank you  and please only reply if you are a  current seller  ids  only with at least 99% feedback  thanks.this info would be very helpfull for a friend of mine.

Message 1 of 126
Latest reply
125 REPLIES 125

please help

Without tracking then ebay can be asked to step in and investigate and refund the buyer under their descretion but still may reimburse the seller for the refund.

But Joe can you tell us who is being dishonest here the seller or the buyer?

Message 2 of 126
Latest reply

please help

hi crow  my friends the seller , and has not been sent yet , all items were sold sep with a 500gram satchel  , buyer has asked for combined postage which is fair enough , and can all go in a 3 kg bag, so there is tracking . but seller who spoke to me last night asked , what if the buyer when they get the package say an item is missing, what would be ebays stance on that , as i could not answere the question , because he is now thinking sendind separate tracking items he woud be better covered , which makes sence ,  but it also makes sence for the buyer to have cheaper postage.    thanks

Message 3 of 126
Latest reply

please help

From what I learned on various discussion here and on Facebook, if a buyer wants to claim an item is not as described (part missing, shoelace missing, only 2 of 3 included) ........ well, it's only the buyer's word against the seller's.  It's a case of "seller beware".  However, most people are honest and if the seller sends all 3 items, whether separately or combined, then the seller's job is done.  How the buyer "receives" that is always the unknown.

That's just my take on that.

Message 4 of 126
Latest reply

please help

Why not get your friend to ask this on the boards?
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 5 of 126
Latest reply

please help

thanks cathy  its just that this seller is small time used goods and last month sent an item without tracking  and bla  bla  buyer said did not get , so full refund .  and now will not put an item up whithout tracking,  but nobody has ever brought multiple goods from the seller before. i mean the buyer is saving 1/2 the postage ,but is it worh the risk to the seller, who is a bit jumpy anyway.

Message 6 of 126
Latest reply

please help

It all comes down to does the seller want to be protected or save the buyer money on postage cost.

If the buyer hasn't paid yet then invoice the buyer with combined postage simple.

If buyer has paid and the seller sold these items for a decent price then I as a seller wouldn't even hesitate of even worrying about the seperate postage cost,I would pay the postage of the extra what $8-$10 and give the buyer a combined discount anyzz wayzz,that's just MO.

Message 7 of 126
Latest reply

please help

the seller wants to be protected , thats why the question   does the seller have the same protection in a multi than to a single item , i think small amount of money items maybe $10 plus ,   by the way the seller  treats a $1  as it was $100, 

Message 8 of 126
Latest reply

please help

By the way, many who post here are very active sellers regardless of what their posting ID shows here.  Many members have multiple IDs (one for buying, many for selling, and one or two for posting here).  As for % of feedback, those who have experienced difficulties can be a great source of information and assistance in these cases.  % of feedback is not an indication of a member's ability to provide helpful advice.  It's those who share these experiences who can provide the better assistance.

After all your comments about not "using" information to make judgements about a member ............ youve just started a thread seeking information based on such judgements.  IDs that have no selling history provide valuable advice.

Message 9 of 126
Latest reply

please help

How's that saying go Damned if you do and Damned if you don't.

So damned if I'm going to post without tracking but damned if I'm not going to post with tracking lol.

It all comes down to the price you're willing to pay if anything goes wrong,that's my motto haha.

Message 10 of 126
Latest reply