please help

please help ,[ from active seller ids only  ]. can you explain if sending multiple items how does ebays policy go with being tracked.

if 1 of the items is not there , for instance  sellersends all items in 1 package ,for saving the buyer postage  , but 1 item is missing .

as i know pretty much if its tracked and it gets there ,its in the seller favour  , but if its not tracked   its in te buyers favour  thank you  and please only reply if you are a  current seller  ids  only with at least 99% feedback  thanks.this info would be very helpfull for a friend of mine.

Message 1 of 126
Latest reply
125 REPLIES 125

please help

your point is fair enough , but i am more comfortable getting advice from sellers with feedback,  just like a plumber ,i always ask for a certified card   he shows me and off to the job he goes ,  no card  no job

Message 11 of 126
Latest reply

please help

Ahh Huh $1 = $100 then tracking all the way.

To me $1=cuppa coffee at the servo with $0.20 change 

Message 12 of 126
Latest reply

please help

damm it i pay $1 for coffeee   wheres your servo lol.

Message 13 of 126
Latest reply

please help

That's because IDs without selling history are actually IDs that have other IDs with long time selling history and for some reason are now hiding from their true IDs lol.

There are plenty of hiders on here and I don't know why as I'm interested in buying off them but I don't know what their selling IDs are lol.

Message 14 of 126
Latest reply

please help

All Shell servos only $0.80 for coffee

Message 15 of 126
Latest reply

please help

Do you ask the plumber to show you there feedback
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 16 of 126
Latest reply

please help

I send multiple items in nearly each parcel every day Joe. I have to say I don't think in the 5 or 6 years I've been selling on this ID I have had one customer claim not all the items were included.

This might be different now with ebay's radical MBG, with some buyers trying it on with new sellers.

I would suggest your "friend" to weigh up the item cost against the cost of registration. Perhaps they could self insure like most of us do selling smaller items. that is add 50-to $1.00 to the item then you have covered the cost of refund or replacement should a problem arise.

Message 17 of 126
Latest reply

please help

hi harley  seller only sells a few things used,   its because the seller was bitten a month ago ,and made sure all the items they sell have tracking ala 500g sachchels ,seller does not want to take that risk again . but seller understands by doing what the buyer asks for makes sence , 1/2 price shipping. but the seller just wanted to know ,what ebays stand is on it , i have tryed to look it up , and am getting more confused, i thought maybe someone knows or have been thru this before , 

i mean i would just do what the buyer asked for.   its prob a catch 22 problem. but i thought i would ask anyway.

Message 18 of 126
Latest reply

please help

I always combine postage and put all items in one satchel or parcel. I have had no problems so far with this. I don't think you need worry on this point.  

Message 19 of 126
Latest reply

please help

I'm sorry Joe, I don't meet your "criteria" for answering, but I don't really care.  It is not up to you to decide who can and can't post a reply.  This is a community forum, open to all members of the community, so if you consider that my using a posting ID excludes me from the community, well that's your problem not mine.  I meet all your "criteria" on several IDs, I simply choose not to use those IDs in the forums, That's my choice and a valid one, whether you agree with it or not.

As far as your question goes, if all items are included and paid for on one combined invoice, only one tracking number is required and will apply to all items, so technically if the tracking shows delivered, the seller has fulfilled their role in delivery.  However, this is where customer service begins, if the customer claims an item is missing, the seller needs to deal with that issue.  I give my buyers the benefit of the doubt and would replace the missing item or refund its purchase price.  If it were an expensive item, I would probably ask for photos of the parcel on arrival, to ascertain if the packaging had been damaged or otherwise interfered with.

I believe eBay would rely on the tracking information and would probably find in the seller's favour, but they would probably also encourage buyer and seller to work together to find a mutually satisfactory solution.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 20 of 126
Latest reply