please help

please help ,[ from active seller ids only  ]. can you explain if sending multiple items how does ebays policy go with being tracked.

if 1 of the items is not there , for instance  sellersends all items in 1 package ,for saving the buyer postage  , but 1 item is missing .

as i know pretty much if its tracked and it gets there ,its in the seller favour  , but if its not tracked   its in te buyers favour  thank you  and please only reply if you are a  current seller  ids  only with at least 99% feedback  thanks.this info would be very helpfull for a friend of mine.

Message 1 of 126
Latest reply
125 REPLIES 125

please help

Joe as you know ebay rulings are as individual as the people answering the help phones. As you also know the MBG is usually for the buyer.
Message 21 of 126
Latest reply

please help

joe, you've received some great advice, so I'm just adding my two bobs worth for whatever it may be worth.  I rarely use satchels, but do often send combined purchases in Registered Large Letters.

Firstly - I do believe if there is a problem on receipt, a lot could depend on whether the customer has made a single payment on a combined invoice.  That said, even if they have made multiple payments, but there is message evidence of a request or agreement to combine, then I doubt there would be a problem, but as hbh has said ebay rulings are as individual as the people answering the help phones. As you also know the MBG is usually for the buyer.

If your friend is concerned buyer may claim not all items received (and I have been on one or two occasions, but thankfully have never in fact had to use the evidence), suggest they take a photo of the items sitting on the satchel and then another as they put them in the satchel and another with the satchel sealed & addressed.  Also they need to ensure when they add the Tracking number, they add it to each item in the parcel as the eBay system does not automatically add it, it needs to be added individually.

If your friend is concerned about Item not as described claims, particularly as they are used items, they need to be sure to have lots of clear photos from every angle and if breakable, I would take photos of unwrapped & wrapped item and any other packaging I included.

Hope this helps . . . . . .  Smiley Happy

Message 22 of 126
Latest reply

please help

If the buyer purchases item A and item B separately, and you put them both in the one trackable shipment, you will only be covered for item A. In an INR case for items A and B, eBay will ask you to provide tracking for each of the items and you only have one tracking number for item A, so you'd lose.

It's silly, but that's how it works. In eBay's eyes, separate payment = separate transaction = separate tracking number.

Feel free to disregard this information though, I've only been selling and buying on eBay since 1998, but I obviously have something to hide/no idea because this isn't my primary selling ID.

Message 23 of 126
Latest reply

please help

segregation much??
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 24 of 126
Latest reply

please help

hi mb  items i believe 4 of them   have been sold and not paid for , as the buyer has asked if they could have combined postage , so that the seller could give a total discount on shipping ,, for instance the seller might charge $ 8  on each item  which would total $32  so the seller could say a discount of 1/2  and put all items in a larger satchell. the seller wants to know if put in 1 parcel does the tracking on there new rules include all 4 items , in case the buyer pulls a swifty.

Message 25 of 126
Latest reply

please help

@joethenuts wrote:

please help ,[ from active seller ids only  ]. can you explain if sending multiple items how does ebays policy go with being tracked.

if 1 of the items is not there , for instance  sellersends all items in 1 package ,for saving the buyer postage  , but 1 item is missing .

as i know pretty much if its tracked and it gets there ,its in the seller favour  , but if its not tracked   its in te buyers favour  thank you  and please only reply if you are a  current seller  ids  only with at least 99% feedback  thanks.this info would be very helpfull for a friend of mine.

Oh Joe, this is a disappointing post.

What a pity you didn't ask me for further information when you first brought up this kind of (hypothetical) scenario and I told you there were specific ways it can be dealt with. Now it's happening to a friend of yours and they don't know what to do, but you won't "let me" reply and help. I've been buying and selling for years, and been participating on these boards for nearly as long as I've been doing both, thus have seen and learned so much about this kind of thing. Alas, you don't want to benefit from that, or take advantage of my very specific information since this isn't an active selling ID. 

My apologies (on your and my behalf) to your 'friend', who seems to be in need of help. 😞

Message 26 of 126
Latest reply

please help

Joe knows very well how posting IDs work, everard.  It has been explained to him umpteen times, he simply disagrees with the concept and expresses his opinion on the subject at every opportunity.  That's fine, I would defend his right to have and to express such an opinion. 

Joe, whilst it might be akin to flogging a dead horse, I will reiterate, that posting IDs are permitted under eBay rules, and there are a vast number of perfectly valid reasons why people use them (I would be happy to list a few if you would like, but it has been done before, many times).  Unless eBay were to change their rules to prohibit posting IDs, and I sincerely doubt eBay would make such a change, given that anonymity is widely promoted as the safest form of participation in online social activities across the web, I will continue to use one to comment on any thread I feel inclined to have a say on.  Bottom line is, individual posters have no right to dictate minimum requirements for other posters, this is an open forum.  Feel free to ignore my replies, that is your right, but I will make them anyway.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 27 of 126
Latest reply

please help

joe - if the buyer pays for all the items on the one invoice then the one tracking number covers all items.

If the buyer pays for each item separately then one tracking number does not cover all 4 items.

The buyer can still pull a swifty saying by saying that one of the items isn't in the parcel or by claiming item not as described.

At the end of the day if a buyer is going to be dishonest there is really nothing a seller can do to fully protect themselves.

Message 28 of 126
Latest reply

please help

Seems using a id on this thread other than a selling id will get ignored,segregation at its best...

*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 29 of 126
Latest reply

please help

for a start i do and can not dictate who posts on this thread , i have just asked politely, i have a right to listen to who i want  thank you.

Message 30 of 126
Latest reply