please help

please help ,[ from active seller ids only  ]. can you explain if sending multiple items how does ebays policy go with being tracked.

if 1 of the items is not there , for instance  sellersends all items in 1 package ,for saving the buyer postage  , but 1 item is missing .

as i know pretty much if its tracked and it gets there ,its in the seller favour  , but if its not tracked   its in te buyers favour  thank you  and please only reply if you are a  current seller  ids  only with at least 99% feedback  thanks.this info would be very helpfull for a friend of mine.

Message 1 of 126
Latest reply
125 REPLIES 125

please help

sounds good  thank you

Message 31 of 126
Latest reply

please help

@bakeandfry wrote:

Seems using a id on this thread other than a selling id will get ignored,segregation at its best...

Maybe by Joe 😉 , but these very public boards don't exist for him exclusively, nor do even his own threads, and any post here (or elsewhere), even if it's in direct reply to him, can be read by (and therefore potentially help) anyone.

My post was (perhaps obviously 😄 ) facetious, but I'd be more than happy to provide assistance to someone in genuine need, though some of the info I have I would prefer to keep off the public board, hence why I was tight-lipped about it the other day when it was first brought up. 

Message 32 of 126
Latest reply

please help

@joethenuts wrote:

for a start i do and can not dictate who posts on this thread , i have just asked politely, i have a right to listen to who i want  thank you.

I presume you meant  "I do NOT and can not, dictate who posts on this thread , i have just asked politely, i have a right to listen to who i want  thank you."

My response is ABSOLUTELY!  You do have a right to listen to whoever you want, and I have a right to respond to whoever I want.  Glad we got that straight. Woman Happy

Cheers,

Penny
Message 33 of 126
Latest reply

please help

@joethenuts wrote:

for a start i do and can not dictate who posts on this thread , i have just asked politely, i have a right to listen to who i want  thank you.

If you understand that you can, and also plan to, only pay attention to those you want to, why even bother trying to limit responses to posters who meet specific criteria? 

Message 34 of 126
Latest reply

please help

@joethenuts wrote:

hi mb  items i believe 4 of them   have been sold and not paid for , as the buyer has asked if they could have combined postage , so that the seller could give a total discount on shipping ,, for instance the seller might charge $ 8  on each item  which would total $32  so the seller could say a discount of 1/2  and put all items in a larger satchell. the seller wants to know if put in 1 parcel does the tracking on there new rules include all 4 items , in case the buyer pulls a swifty.

Ok joe, someone will probably beat me to it because I'm a slow typer, lol, but given the buyer has asked for combined post, there would not be any problem combining and giving a discount.  Personally, I wouldn't necessarily say a discount of 1/2, but am guessing you just gave that as an example - I would use the cost of the satchel and my formulae for calculating postage costs - including (dare I say it) adding eByas FVFees on postage ! Smiley Surprised

As I mentioned, I rarely use satchels & did get stung badly a few months back when I did, not realising SOD (Sign on Delivery) is an additional cost - I will never use a satchel without it again.  Customer claimed not received - Aust. Post Tracking showed delivered - piggy in the middle here had to resend a $100 order as Aust. Post took no responsibility & refused to honour their $50 discretionary reimbursement - but I'm digressing, sorry - the point is, if the goods are of reasonable value in total, I would recommend Tracking with signature which I think costs $3 or $5 extra, so I would also include that in Combined Post cost.

Even sending a Combined Post Invoice, your friend will still have to add the Tracking number to each individual item.

Best of luck to you & your friend

Message 35 of 126
Latest reply

please help

sounds good   and your correct an exsample discount going on 4 x 500g satchels into 1 x 3 kg satchel  prob save aabout 1/2 cost

but dont satchels have tracking ,and whith ebays policy ,prove tracking or signature,    anyway for a few v$ more adding a signature will still give the buyer a discount  thank you

Message 36 of 126
Latest reply

please help

@joethenuts wrote:

sounds good   and your correct an exsample discount going on 4 x 500g satchels into 1 x 3 kg satchel  prob save aabout 1/2 cost

but dont satchels have tracking ,and whith ebays policy ,prove tracking or signature,    anyway for a few v$ more adding a signature will still give the buyer a discount  thank you

To be honest joe, eBay might accept Tracking proof, but my main concern is not really eBay, it's ensuring the customer is happy.

In my case, the customer was prepared to sign a Stat Dec stating she never received the goods & when I resent with SOD the Tracking stated - Could not gain access - so how the heck did they supposedly deliver the first satchel ??  Anyway, that's all history now, but a lesson learnt,  none-the-less

Message 37 of 126
Latest reply

please help

@joethenuts wrote:

please help ,[ from active seller ids only  ]. can you explain if sending multiple items how does ebays policy go with being tracked.

if 1 of the items is not there , for instance  sellersends all items in 1 package ,for saving the buyer postage  , but 1 item is missing .

as i know pretty much if its tracked and it gets there ,its in the seller favour  , but if its not tracked   its in te buyers favour  thank you  and please only reply if you are a  current seller  ids  only with at least 99% feedback  thanks.this info would be very helpfull for a friend of mine.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

joe,

point no.1   You have asked for Help, and l qoute by your own words, "please help".

point no.2   This is a COMMUNITY Forum, not a joethenuts  copywrite owned forum, hint is in the word Community.

point no.3    As this is a Community Forum, for ALL to utilize, joe, you CANNOT lay down Terms on who can or cannot

Reply to your Request for "help."   Simple as that joe, your DO NOT CONTROL this thread.

point no.4   Joe, you have been around the Boards long enough to know the ropes here, so please refrain from asking

for assistance, but being picky or choosy as to who can reply. You are bordering on Segregation, here.

If l said that l am an Eskimo, and l do not want Indian people to reply to my request, and you were of the 

Indian Race or Culture, you would have me in court before l could find my coat.

point no.5   bake&fry  has asked you on a number of times here on this thread a question, but by "your own Bench

Mark", as to who can respond, (which we are not), bake&fry "meets your very own requirements",  so

far, does NOT RATE an answer from you, joe.

SO, WHAT'S THE GO, JOE ?     A Rule for one, but not the other ?   A Bit  Segregationist,   joe !!!

Message 38 of 126
Latest reply

please help

This morning I sent an email to ebay re this very issue because I also had a buyer who bought two items which I sent in one parcel to them. but could only upload the tracking no. to one of the items on my 'Sold items' page.

It turns out the problem was that the buyer paid for the first item before winning the second item, so it went through as two separate transactions and therefore would require 2 different tracking numbers.

If the buyer holds off paying for the original item until winning the other items, the payment is then combined and recognised by the ebay system as one transaction. Then the tracking number for the combined package will apply to all the items won and posted.

Message 39 of 126
Latest reply

please help

some great responces , and i will have to repeat myself , i cannot dictake who posts here , i cannot stop anybody posting , but i have asked politely , i can post back to any poster i wish , now there are hundreds of threads that need atention , but if you wish to post here thats up to you, even though i have asked politely. i have not used names  of people i dont want to post here . 

Message 40 of 126
Latest reply