positive and 5 stars

I just wanted to say something about this.On a thread recently a seller said they could not understand why a buyer would leave a positive without 5 stars in every line.At the time I had to go to work and now I cannot find thread to reply but thought it was interesting.

I have only ever left one Neg in all my transactions but have marked down stars due to one thing being wrong like post;

For example, I brought some plant bulbs off a seller and on asking for post was told they would need a 5kg express post bag at $25 ..OK I agreed I assumed they must be big

When they arrived They were actually 1.3 kg ,she had used a 5kg express post bag  stuffed with newspaper so I got what I paid for but To this day it is a mystery to me why she needed a 5kg express post bag for 1.3kg of bulbs that last fine in post.The bulbs were great big healthy ones and she had given me 20 extra so I would not consider a neg but gave pos and 5 stars for description,communication and post time but 2 stars for post cost .as everything else was great

I think that this was fair as it would not be in anyway fair to neg her over it when that was all that was wrong and the stars are a way to reflect where there is only a small problem in one area .

Message 1 of 94
Latest reply
93 REPLIES 93

positive and 5 stars

One thing comes to mind.

She may have bought a whole lot of 5kg satchels and needed to use them so sold all her items that way.

I think the way you marked the feedback was correct and fair. Smiley Wink

image host
Message 2 of 94
Latest reply

positive and 5 stars

Snap kopes, I was just about to say the same thing. 🙂

Message 3 of 94
Latest reply

positive and 5 stars

Ahh, great minds horizon. Smiley Wink

image host
Message 4 of 94
Latest reply

positive and 5 stars

You do realise sellers are able to see what stars you leave and if you give a lot of sellers 2 stars your buying capacity is going to be restricted.
My opinion is you were too harsh giving a 2
Message 5 of 94
Latest reply

positive and 5 stars

@amalan11 wrote:

I just wanted to say something about this.On a thread recently a seller said they could not understand why a buyer would leave a positive without 5 stars in every line.At the time I had to go to work and now I cannot find thread to reply but thought it was interesting.

Honestly, I think most people will be able to understand that an overall positive transaction can have an aspect that wasn't perfect, and I think you'll find that all but one of the stars (despite most sellers feeling like it's unfair if they get marked low on them) are at least fairly self-explanatory - low star for postage cost = buyer wasn't happy with what they paid. Doesn't mean the seller has to agree with that assessment, or like it, but there's not a lot that's really vague about it.

The real (or at least main) issue for sellers, is getting marked low on that other one which isn't so self-explanatory - description.

If there's no indication whatsoever of what the supposed problem is, and with pos FB like "A+++ seller" being the only comment the buyer makes about the transaction at all, the seller has nothing to work with - one thing I have said in the past, as a seller, is if I do not know what the problem is, then the problem is the buyer.

It may sound harsh to some, and I certainly don't mean to suggest that I'm perfect - I know very well that I'm far from it and do mess up etc - but not communicating with me about an issue (that has the potential to result in affecting my ability to sell on eBay) is a huge problem in my book.

Message 6 of 94
Latest reply

positive and 5 stars

Hi,yes I know they can see it although it was a while back now .It kind of defeats the purpoce if they cannot see it as they would not know where to improve so im glad they an see it.I guess my point is it would seem very unfair to me to neg a seller over one issue as the seller in the first thread seemed to think was fair.Im pretty sure it was a 2 I left as I remember a box came up asking why id left it which I assumed seller also sees

Message 7 of 94
Latest reply

positive and 5 stars

Ahh ha kopes, I think yours is much more brainier than my old clapped out one. 🙂

Message 8 of 94
Latest reply

positive and 5 stars

this is only reasonably a new thing that these stars have been visible to sellers, although some of us were able to work out who left what when they were suppose to be anonymous. JMO I still think your rating was harsh.
Message 9 of 94
Latest reply

positive and 5 stars

Also it was not realy a fixable thing as the problem was realy that she knew size and I did not before post but it was sent as paid for.If id say paid for express and not got it or item not as described ect I would first contact seller to try and fix  as it may be an error I have done this and was all good

Message 10 of 94
Latest reply