positive and 5 stars

I just wanted to say something about this.On a thread recently a seller said they could not understand why a buyer would leave a positive without 5 stars in every line.At the time I had to go to work and now I cannot find thread to reply but thought it was interesting.

I have only ever left one Neg in all my transactions but have marked down stars due to one thing being wrong like post;

For example, I brought some plant bulbs off a seller and on asking for post was told they would need a 5kg express post bag at $25 ..OK I agreed I assumed they must be big

When they arrived They were actually 1.3 kg ,she had used a 5kg express post bag  stuffed with newspaper so I got what I paid for but To this day it is a mystery to me why she needed a 5kg express post bag for 1.3kg of bulbs that last fine in post.The bulbs were great big healthy ones and she had given me 20 extra so I would not consider a neg but gave pos and 5 stars for description,communication and post time but 2 stars for post cost .as everything else was great

I think that this was fair as it would not be in anyway fair to neg her over it when that was all that was wrong and the stars are a way to reflect where there is only a small problem in one area .

Message 1 of 94
Latest reply
93 REPLIES 93

positive and 5 stars

This might sound like a dmb question but how do you as a seller see the individual DSR that each buyer leaves for you?
I know how to find which items have defects but didn't know that I cold see all the DSR left for me.

Thanks
Smiley Embarassed

Message 31 of 94
Latest reply

positive and 5 stars

@dresscode2479 wrote:

This might sound like a dmb question but how do you as a seller see the individual DSR that each buyer leaves for you?
I know how to find which items have defects but didn't know that I cold see all the DSR left for me.

Thanks
Smiley Embarassed

Not a dumb question. No question is dumb or stupid if you don't know the answer.

If you go into your seller dashboard, on the left is a menu and a link for Detailed Seller Rating reports. Go in there and select the item number option. Next you need to find 10 feedbacks where you KNOW you got 5 stars for each one. Insert 10x 5 star item numbers in the box, separated by a comma and then run a report. If all 10 got 5 stars, it will tell you that and you want to keep those.

It's handy if you have 2 tabs going, one on the report page, the other on your feedback page. The item numbers should appear under each feedback unless your listings are private. if that's the case, then you need to go to your deleted listings to get the item numbers. Having the 2 tabs, you can just jump from one to the other to put your numbers in.

Once you have 10 that you know are all 5's according to the report, on the right of the report is a drop down, take action. Click on that and select 'run similar'. A box will open that has your 10 good numbers in it. Remove the last number only and insert a new one in its place and then run a new report. It takes a few minutes to generate and when it's done, open it and if you get less than 5 stars, you know that that particular transaction gave you less than 5 stars. Keep doing this until you have checked all the numbers you want to check. 

If you get a report that says No Results, it means that buyer didn't leave you a star rating.

Delete all the reports when you're done (unless of course you want to keep them for some reason), except for the first one that has the known 10x 5 star numbers in it, that way you have them there at the ready next time you want to check a transaction out.

You need to give each report a name, I just insert a number as unless you want to keep it, it really doesn't matter what you put in there.

I was checking numbers this way for who gave me defects as it's only been the last 3 or 4 weeks that I've been able to download a defect report. Prior to that, I kept getting told I have no defects in the current reporting period.

Let me know if I haven't explained it well enough.

Message 32 of 94
Latest reply

positive and 5 stars

You are a gem i-love-my-sheep!

Thank you for taking the time to write (or type) all that out for me. No wonder though that i hadn't found it - I was kind of looking for  one click button with flashing lights Woman LOL

Your instructions were perfect - very easy to follow.

I have initiated a report but i think as a seller of pre-owned clothing, it may take me quite a while to find 10 listings with 5 stars to start with.

- JO

Message 33 of 94
Latest reply

positive and 5 stars

Yes, thank you for that. i-love-my-sheep After 10 years on Ebay, you learn or Don't learn something new every day.

Message 34 of 94
Latest reply

positive and 5 stars

Well, I received a negative feedback with the comment "ok".

Ummmmm, what the?
Message 35 of 94
Latest reply

positive and 5 stars

Looked at your feedback, most of the negs are idiot buyers by the looks of it, but this one neutral really left me shaking my head.....

"not what I wanted....my fault" .... but still a neutral, what are seller s supposed to do about numbnut buyers, seriously!

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 36 of 94
Latest reply

positive and 5 stars

Simple. Block the ba$tards, and let them know why in a follow-up to their feedback.

Also, give their user IDs like I do, so that other sellers can block them as well if they wish.

Message 37 of 94
Latest reply

positive and 5 stars

@2106greencat wrote:

Looked at your feedback, most of the negs are idiot buyers by the looks of it, but this one neutral really left me shaking my head.....

"not what I wanted....my fault" .... but still a neutral, what are seller s supposed to do about numbnut buyers, seriously!

Or the nongs that state their item didn't arrive, so got a full refund and never buy from them again, then leave a negative. The world is full of them sadly.

Message 38 of 94
Latest reply

positive and 5 stars

That's nothing. You should have seen the ones I have had ebay remove..if I purchased something and never received it (even though tracking details say they did), and I received a full refund and I received the goods anyway, I wouldn't be leaving negative feedback.
Buyers have no idea what feedback can do for a store, but to be honest, I think if other buyers read the neg's on mine, they'll think like I do........absolute idiots ( most of them anyway).
Message 39 of 94
Latest reply

positive and 5 stars

WE all know my opinion on this, the seller told the buyer the postage cost, the buyer agreed and is now having a public whinge.Smiley Frustrated

And get 20 freebies, some folk you can not please.Smiley Sad

Message 40 of 94
Latest reply