- Bronze: $3,000 or 100 transactions
- Silver: $36,000 or 36,00 transactions
- Gold: $120,000 or 12,000 transactions
- Platinum: $300,000 or 30,000 transactions
- Titanium: $1,800,000 or 180,000 transactions

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

qualifications for levels of power seller

In your Seller Dashboard click where it says X number of transactions with total sales of $xx then click on the Bronze icon and you can select each Seller Level at the top to see the requirements.

There is no eBay benefits for being a Silver Powerseller, except the extra turnover.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

I often wondered if there were benfits but it seems the more my powerseller status has grown the more my best match in listings has detiorated. What is the point in this other than a slap on the back?

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Genuine question.

Do buyers really take that much notice of these levels ?

It seems after a certain point, it just becomes a blurr AND from what I have seen, once you get to a certain level the volume is so high it seems they cop a certain level of negative feedback because of "PERCEIVED" slow response to communcations, misunderstandings, handling issues, selling things not in stock, mistakes ..... ???

I look more at the feedback than how many items they have sold, after all, a monkey can sell 10,000 items at 0.01 - $2.95 and post them !

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

I'm a gold power seller with a  very low defect rate (touch wood) but my listings are pretty hard to find in best match for a lot of items.

Used to be top or top 3 in  best match for most stuff.

The biggest issue has been the huge influx of chinese sellers in the last 18 months  selling fakes with free post who are all miles ahead of me in best match due to huge volumes despite massive amounts of negative feedback etc. And eBay won't do anything about it as Disney for example are not on the Vero program. I guess those sellers are often platinum sellers but eBay are happy to take commission for fakes it's clear.

It's fair to say eBay only really give a damn if you are shifting volume and then you can still give poor service if you are shipping from Beijing???

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Yes, having come back to ebay recently after time away, the sheer volume of Chinese sellers is an eye opener.

I must admit I have purchased a fair few (30) items from them in the last couple of months, partly just to get a feel

for what they are selling and the quality level and I can't think of one that had over 99.5% positive feedback with

some a lot worse.

So far (touch wood) haven't had anything go missing but a couple are overdue.

Fakes - hard to stop for sure.unless it is a registered trademark, then you can stop them (or at least have the listing removed).

Re "very low defect rate"

How do you see a sellers "defect rate" ? I can see the gold stars ........

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

I dont think you can see a sellers defect rate. Feedback negs are some indication but certainly not the full picture.

Doesn't seem to matter how hard I try and free post makes ZERO difference, another eBay lie I am lucky ot get on the first page for many items.  It does mean however that most people that buy from me are not the non listing reading bargain hunter type more the people who take the time to read stuff.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

"It does mean however that most people that buy from me are not the non listing reading bargain hunter type more the people who take the time to read stuff."

Yes, some business is more trouble than it's worth.

Dealing with "bottom feeders" can be fraught with problems, wnat everything for nothing and still complain.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

yep my competitors especially the chinese are welcome to them!.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply