"Out of Stock" listings disappearing

Just noticed that a couple of my "Out of Stock" listings have disappeared.

Find it frustrating since I chose this option in my preferences to make it easier to just added the re-ordered stock onto the listing.  Now I've lost the listing and the sold amount stats.......aaarrrrggghhhh

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I wish I could say I have found the same thing.

Just last night I tried to buy 3 items to use the discount vouchers on offer on ebay....every one of them was out of stock but the listings were still active.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

There is a time limit. How long have they been out of stock?

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

@betterdealsdepot1 wrote:

Just noticed that a couple of my "Out of Stock" listings have disappeared.

How long were they out of stock for? If less than three months, they should have remained active, but if they tick over 3 times in a row with 0 stock, they'll end automatically. Sometimes, if I know I'll have more stock soon but it's been a while, I'll add 1 just before it ticks over the third time, then revise back to 0 after (I tend to list late at night, though, so the risk is generally low that someone will buy it in the few minutes it's available). 

@lyndal, OOS listings aren't supposed to be visible on the site, but I have noticed a number of the larger sellers (eg. The Good Guys) seem to have a different Out Of Stock feature than standard stores, where the listing remains visible, but there's a banner saying 'Out of Stock' across the gallery image. (I find it annoying, too). 

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

I see....didn't realise there was a time limit, although only one would have been just over 3 months (damn suppliers).

Would love to know how to get that "Out of Stock" banner like the bigger sellers.  Guess they get some extra tricks given to them lol

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Got it in one Digi.....they were DVD listings from huge sellers with thousands of listings.

Normally it would not worry me unduly....I tend to go with the flow with these things, but I decided at the last minute to take advantage of the ebay offer to spend $$$$ to earn a credit for next month.

I just went to my Watch List to buy some of the DVDs that were there for such occasions.   It seemed that every listing I clicked on was out of stock.  Added to that was the fact that the entire Watch List kept disappearing and when I fially got it back I could not change the page without clicking on the next page up to 6 times....I kept getting the message that they could not complete the action and try again later.

The problem was that my cut off time was approaching rapidly....I finally managed to pay with 3 minutes to spare.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

I wish I could have that banner too. 

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

What banner would that be, FOUR YEARS later?

A lot of things have changed in that time; maybe bump a thread with a few skericks of flesh on it.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply