"Please enter a valid value" error when listing an item

Has anyone else had this problem? It's happened to me a couple of times lately, once when relisting and once with a new listing. After hitting the "Continue" button at the bottom of the main page where you fill out details, and then hitting "List my item" from the next (review) page, the review page reloads with this error in red at the top:

You can not submit your listing due to the following problems
  • Please enter a valid value.
  • An error has occurred
Go back and edit my listing

I click the "Go back and edit my listing" link and nothing on the previous page is in red to indicate a problem - and there's no invalid values on it either, that I can find (there's nothing unusual about the listing, it's essentially the same as any other listing in my store).

The curious thing is that this error doesn't appear until after I've clicked "List my item". Usually when there's an error in the listing, doesn't it reload the main listing page with errors highlighted, before you even get to the review page?

I wrote to eBay customer service and they gave a vague nonsensical answer so I gave up after two attempts.

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Yes I have had the same problem.  Quite frustrating as I have already entered the details and then it makes me enter them again.  Thought it was just my computer!

Message 2 of 28
Latest reply

What did you change to make it accept your listing? I can't see anything to change so I can't get past that final screen with the error and complete the listing.
Message 3 of 28
Latest reply

I have also had this problem quite a number of times.  I recently filled out a survey and advised eBay of my frustration because

there doesnt seem to be any way of fixing it other than to keep trying different things.  Sometimes I switch off the computer and occasionally that helps. 

Message 4 of 28
Latest reply

Yep, same problem for me too, particularly on Variation Listings.  Lol, I also thought it must have just been me.

The only way I have been able to get round it, because it won't even let you go back, is get out of eBay and log in again.

Hat's off to you for contacting eBay, I've given up !

Message 5 of 28
Latest reply

I've been unable to fix the problem by reloading, waiting a day, or making any kind of adjustments - had to restart the listings from scratch.

Message 6 of 28
Latest reply

Oh, what a pain, but now that you mention that, I think there were one or two occasions when that happened to me also, so instead of re-listing, I used Sell Similar and that worked. Might be worth a try, otherwise a lot of copy and paste ? Grrrrrrrr

Message 7 of 28
Latest reply

I have found in the past that if you switch to a BIN price when creating your listing, then go to Create My Listing so it brings you to the confirmation screen; click Edit My Listing (which brings you back to the listing generator) and switch it back to an Auction price and put in your appropriate amount and then create the listing if seems to resolve itself.

If you're originally creating a BIN listing, do the opposite (change to Auction and switch back to BIN).

Message 8 of 28
Latest reply

That reminds me of another problem that may be related (given your solution) - sometimes when I Sell Similar, and try to change the price, it keeps reverting back to the original price before my eyes. Same for Quantity Available. I can't make the price "stick".

Message 9 of 28
Latest reply

Just delete the amounts etc in the boxes it is telling you to do and reenter the details again. on some it will then let me list..other times I have to do this a couple of times before it works.

When the above doesn't work: click on Save for later at the bottom of the 1st page and then go into the listing again under your Sell items it should then be Ok and the message will not reappear

Having to re enter a whole new listing is so frustrating. Hope this helps
Message 10 of 28
Latest reply