"Your pay pal is not like all my other transactions I have made, might have to canceled order sorry"

Come again?

This is the 2nd time I've received such a message. At first I thought it was just an excuse not to pay...but now it appears to be a recurring problem

Does anybody have any idea about this issue?

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

"Your pay pal is not like all my other transactions I have made, might have to canceled order sorry"

Can't help, but that sounds pretty wierd.....

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Never heard of it.  Don't call PayPal trying to explain and get them to check it, it's not worth your time and they probably won't know what to look for.  Just cancel it as requested and see if it happens again in future.

Might be worth asking the buyer for a copy of the email they received from PayPal to try and help pinpoint the problem, if they're willing to share it.

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

I'd probably message them back saying you were willing to do that but for your own benefit, so you could fix things, could they please give you details on exactly what was happening that was creating a problem as you needed to know for future transactions.

What they wrote though is extremely vague & as a buyer, I would have tried to be more explicit in the first place. This person hasn't, so don't hold your breath for a helpful reply back from them.

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

Come to think of it, as a seller I receive two randomly distinctly different types of sale emails from PayPal.  The majority are of one type, with a lower amount being of the second type.

The moe common type has the subject "Item no.NUMBER - Notification of an Instant Payment Received from USERNAME"

The less common type has simply "Notification of payment received"

The common type is a lot better to read the details of the transaction and I have no idea why I get the second type sometimes.

Maybe it is happening for buyers also sometimes.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Yes, I've also recieved the 2 types of different looking emails from PayPal, and when I first saw the different one I logged into my account to ensure the payment was valid.

I always thought that the different email type came from those accounts who joined overseas, such as the UK?
Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

I think it goes further than the type of emails the buyer gets.  Depending on where I shop, the payments screens sometimes are very different.  Some sites simply bring up the standard Paypal payment screen, others bring up a version that includes all the purchase details right in that screen so you just login and approve the payment, yet others have a trimmed down version that has less detail about the sale.  It can be a little disconcerting if you are used to seeing one screen, and suddenly you get a different one, it makes you wonder.  I am not sure why Paypal has different screens for different sites but I can understand the buyer's reaction.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

I am not 100% sure but I think if the buyer uses the shopping cart the notification comes through as - Notification of payment received and in the body of the email it says -  Paypal Shopping Cart Contents.

If the buyer uses BIN the notification comes through  with the item number - Notification of an Instant Payment received from (Ebay user ID)

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Penny - I think it depends on whether the site is using Paypal Express checkout or just their normal checkout.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

@jensmanchester-australia wrote:

I am not 100% sure but I think if the buyer uses the shopping cart the notification comes through as - Notification of payment received and in the body of the email it says -  Paypal Shopping Cart Contents.

If the buyer uses BIN the notification comes through  with the item number - Notification of an Instant Payment received from (Ebay user ID)

I don't think it's the cart, as I frequently have buyers use the cart and the notifications come through as normal, I'm not really 100% what causes it, but I do know that almost every notification I've received (from an eBay sale) that just had the 'Payment received' subject line, the buyer has shown as an unregistered PayPal user (i.e. with the other type of notifcation, the buyer will show as Non-Us, Verified meaning they logged into a PP account to pay, on the other type, they show as Non-Us unregistered so used PP as a guest. I think I've only ever seen one email like that and the buyer turned out to be a verified user).

Sales I get from other sites just have the "notification of payment received" subject line as well, but the format is like the normal eBay ones, whereas the eBay ones that have that subject line are a completely different format with less info. 

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply