"enlarge" feature, below the pictures on the listing page been removed?

I am still seeking an answer to my question posted on the answer centre on Friday.

Has the "enlarge" feature, below the pictures on the "Listing" page been removed,
or is it a temporary thing?

I was told by Ebay that the "enlarge" feature will not be "turned on" if pictures are smaller than the minimum of 1600 pixels that ebay recommends.

All of my pictures are well over this size, but I still don't see the "enlarge" feature.

So far ebay has told me:

1. the pics are too small. (they are not)

2. click Supersize on all my listings. (this did nothing)

Does anybody have an answer, or is it gone forever?

Has anybody out there lost the "enlarge" feature from their "Listing" page?

I surely can't be the only one

Regards, John

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

I checked my listing - I have the "Enlarge" feature available on all. 

I can offer no suggestions:O

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

It has changed to open a window on the page, rather than a new browser window. When you click on the picture, a frame opens, and then you can click on the image again to enlarge it but it doesn't change the size of the frame, and you have to mouse-over to scroll up/down and left/right to see it.

When I looked at one of your listings, it doesn't have the direct mouse-over zoom feature (where just mousing over the image causes a larger image to appear to the right of the gallery, and you can zoom in on the image from there). I don't know how big an image has to be before that feature is enabled, but I upload images that are usually 1000 pixels (square), and that feature is enabled on mine. (On this ID, the images I've uploaded are 500-600 pixels and the zoom with mouse-over is not available). 

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

digital I just had a look at your images to see what they do, I was able to both Zoom without clicking on the image & click on the image to bring up the screen & then zoom on that image, so it may not work for you but it works for viewers...thought you'd like to know that.

I did click on the 'Mouse over image to zoom' line first a few times & that seemed to activate it.

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

When you have options in a listing, it takes away the zoom from what I can see. But in the search, a buyer can scroll over your "more options" and it can come up

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

The zoom feature seems to be back now. It's better than that in-line feature and about the same as the previous pop-up feature.

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

Checking numerous adds it appears they have all lost the enlarge ability.  I use to always have the ability to enlarge the photos in all the adds i did.  Ebay need to get there act into gear.  They charge enough so they should get it right.  Not good enough Ebay.

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

This thread is 4 ½ years old!    horror smiley.gif

The zoom feature comes and goes - obviously -  farcryin' out loud!

Thanks for digging up the zombie thread for no reason.

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

Hello 2013, I forgot you existed.

The enlarge feature is working here on decent-sized photos. I get "Mouse over image to zoom" underneath practically everything, unless the seller is dodgy and haven't bothered with a decent photo.
Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

I have sent you a personal message with transcript of my complaint today to Ebay about the same thing....you are not alone

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply