refund item insured

Hi fellow ebayers can anyone tell me what I do when a buyer wants a refund for an item that was damaged in transit

I insured this item and registered it whith Aus post. The buyer doesn,t want to know about claiming insurance .I went down to the post office to get the forms when I returned the buyer left me a neg. This was the last item I was selling as I have had enough of selling on this site so so over it.I have Over 3000 positives Ebay were no help what so ever, we are not important (No sellers No Ebay) can Ebay penalize me if I dont refund

this buyer. I want to go ahead and apply for the insurance I paid to send it. By the way it was packed so well I think the buyer might have damaged it when they unpacked it 

Spoiler
Smiley Frustrated
Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

refund item insured

Aust Post will only respond to a claim for damage by the recipient. In this case the buyer.

They will want them to take the item and the packaging into Aust Post staff for inspection.

It's very rare they will pay out for damage as they will just say it was inadequately packed and deny the claim.

And as said above I wouldn't let 1 NEG ruin your ebay sales.

A cleverly worded response and it won't cause you any harm.

If you don't voluntarily refund ebay will simply forcibly remove the funds from your account and give you a defect.

You have little other choice really.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

refund item insured

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If the buyer opens a dispute you will have no choice but to refund as ebay will take the money from your paypal account....and you will get a defect for not resolving the problem with the buyer.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

refund item insured

Personally I would NOT let one red dot stop me from selling on a platform which provides my household with much needed income.

In time that dot will fall away and I don't think it will adversely affect you overall.

The first thing I would have done would have been to ask for photos.

No photos = didn't happen.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

refund item insured

I have learnt something today dont waste your money sending items with insurance (another Aus post rip off) you are going to get blamed for an item sent damaged everytime ,ebay just informed me it is my fault it was sent damaged the buyer is always right !!!!!

Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

refund item insured

Aust Post will only respond to a claim for damage by the recipient. In this case the buyer.

They will want them to take the item and the packaging into Aust Post staff for inspection.

It's very rare they will pay out for damage as they will just say it was inadequately packed and deny the claim.

And as said above I wouldn't let 1 NEG ruin your ebay sales.

A cleverly worded response and it won't cause you any harm.

If you don't voluntarily refund ebay will simply forcibly remove the funds from your account and give you a defect.

You have little other choice really.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

refund item insured

why should the buyer claim any insurance. the item arrived SNAD and is entitled to a full refund...simples.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

refund item insured

@vintage2201 wrote:

I have learnt something today dont waste your money sending items with insurance (another Aus post rip off) you are going to get blamed for an item sent damaged everytime ,ebay just informed me it is my fault it was sent damaged the buyer is always right !!!!!

Smiley Sad

The extra cover is more for items that get totally lost than for damage.

If it is lost, then you will be paid for the insurance value you purchased.

If you don't have the extra cover then the best you can hope for is for AP to refund the cost of the postage itself.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply