refunds

soxy74
Community Member

Hi. Asking for my partner as I have not sold for quite some time.

Buyer bought a car off my partner that was advertised for parts or not working. 20 year old unregistered car that had not been driven/touched for over one year.

After a week of non stop dramas with this buyer (who did not take the car) he put in an item not received claim detailing how the car was not as described and that items had been removed after the sale (that part is true, the number plates lol)  Just wanting to confirm a few points after we click on the refund buyer option in the paypal dispute:

1. are fees automatically refunded 

2. does this block the buyer leaving feedback

is there anything else i need to know/do.

thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

refunds

Can't imagine why anyone selling a car would offer Paypal, cars are excluded from the ebay policy that sellers must offer Paypal because there is no buyer or seller protection.  No you cannot stop them leaving feedback, that only applies if the buyer does not pay and you go through the unpaid item dispute.  You should have refunded their Paypal payment as soon as they rejected the ca rthen they would not have been  able to open a dispute. Do the refund now if you haven't already and then you mayy get your fvf back.

See what a trendsetter I am?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

refunds

Can't imagine why anyone selling a car would offer Paypal, cars are excluded from the ebay policy that sellers must offer Paypal because there is no buyer or seller protection.  No you cannot stop them leaving feedback, that only applies if the buyer does not pay and you go through the unpaid item dispute.  You should have refunded their Paypal payment as soon as they rejected the ca rthen they would not have been  able to open a dispute. Do the refund now if you haven't already and then you mayy get your fvf back.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 2
Latest reply