Highlighted
Community Member
Accepted Solution

remove contact from listings

My Message to Ebay

I just noticed 630 of my listings state that I need to remove my personal contact details. This is 2017 for people to be able to contact us as a business is a basic human right and you may be in breach of many laws including discrimination. Please Take this to management and have your legal people investigate. I think this action needs to be suspended while eBay investigate the matter. If Ebay want to grow and encourage more real businesses online this needs to be addressed. I look forward to your responses on this one and if I am wrong i will agree to disagree. Also if you proceed with this action I trust you will provide a tool to remove the personal details as you did with the active content. I am sure I speak for many busy sellers like me that we don't have the time to go through and change each listing. Thanks Brenton

Community Member

Re: remove contact from listings

in reply to mongrelfishing

this is not e-bay but what they are trying to avoid are sales being made off e-bay which means no fee for them

Community Member

in reply to bof2814-0

Yes I get that, but its easy for any one to find your contact details out side of eBay these days. If a customer needs support its our responsibility as a business to be able to offer that in an easy professional manner. It opens up doors for dishonest and sinister dealers.

Contact details and names should be transperant from a business sense.

My opinions anyway

Community Member

Re: contact information

Everyone here are simply members such as yourself

A good idea would be to direct your comments to the appropriate channels (ie, ebay),rather than threaten volunteers on a member to member help forum over things that have nothing to do with us

Bad bear,like Bad Wolf,only better
Community Member

in reply to enigmabear

Appologies if you feel threatened I have raised it with Ebay management and i have every right to share my opinion I thought that was the idea of a forum maybe i am wrong who knows

Community Member

My Views exactly! I am pretty annoyed that I am expected to change nearly all of

mongrelfishing wrote:

Appologies if you feel threatened I have raised it with Ebay management and i have every right to share my opinion I thought that was the idea of a forum maybe i am wrong who knows

my listings. This is a group forum therefor everyone is entitled to their opinion, if you don't like it so be it - keep scrolling. Ebay are making it more difficult for us members to sell with their stand over policies to ensure we get "good exposure" It is ridiculous that they with Paypal withhold money on disputes even thought the purchaser has received the item. Going to put some more products on gumtree I think. btw Ebay with Paypal Fees are a rort, they should be one fee considering Paypal owns Ebay.

Community Member

in reply to captainclotheslines01

Paypal does not own ebay and never has.

Ebay did own paypal for a while but now they are two completely separate companies which need to stand alone and make their own profits.

Anyone is entitled to express their opinion but why express your opinion about ebay as a Message to ebay when ebay will never see it and will certainly not respond to it.

The members here may agree with everything the OP has said but as we cannot do anything about it it is rather confronting to read the OP's message in the terms that it has been posted.

Community Member

[ Edited ]

Apologies, I misread your post and thought that it said 're' in my message to ebay

As in, a copy and paste of your message here, for someone from ebay to read here

We are all wrong at some time or another, I was wrong here

Having said that, if it was a message to the bots in botville, at best it will be an automated response

Bad bear,like Bad Wolf,only better
Community Member

in reply to enigmabear

Bang lol

Community Member

Community Member

what's even more frustrating is that although some of my listings do have my twitter username (which i need to remove), others have been flagged as having contact details in them simlpy because i've said if anyone has questions or concerns to contact me using the "ask a seller" link. apparently this violates the policy, or more-than-likely, the bot can't differentiate. 

Community Member

Just had a phone call from?Ebay about this. Are they ringing people or is it a scam. Was happy to tell them I'm closing the store anyway - due to a number of issues including all these changes!

Community Member

in reply to lm-entertainment

yes i have removed what i thought was all my contact details but there still coming up saying the content needs to be remover. Cleared history and cookies but still no good. Ebay should provide us with a tool to remove the content. Please contact ebay if you agree.

Id its legal of course ???

Community Member

in reply to imastawka

yes we know this tool but still a manual process

Community Member

Your contact phone number is still on the bottom of every listing.

Bulk edit is all you've got, or do them manually.

You have to remove that number or they'll restrict your selling.

The bots are working hard these days and will find it.

Community Member

in reply to imastawka

Cheers, having discussions with eBay at the moment. I have had my details up for 8 years. I am arguing as a registered business with an ABN that Ebay recently requested, my details should be available to my customers to provide the best service possible. If a customer wants to call me they can simply use a search engine to find me. Just another step for the customer to do in fact and I havent raised this one with eBay, if they google me they will find my web site and probably purchase from there instead of eBay. I have had many eBay customers ring me over the years and we have done the deal through eBay while there on the phone. This can work both ways there needs to be give and take not all take.

Community Member

mongrelfishing wrote:

Yes I get that, but its easy for any one to find your contact details out side of eBay these days. If a customer needs support its our responsibility as a business to be able to offer that in an easy professional manner. It opens up doors for dishonest and sinister dealers.

Contact details and names should be transperant from a business sense.

My opinions anyway

If it's so easy for people to get your contact details outside ebay, why do you need your details on your listings?  And why don't you provide your details when you send your customers their items if you think they're likely to need support?

There are a lot of things I don't like about ebay, but I don't see why anyone should expect to treat them as a free advertising service.

Community Member

Good luck.    Their site, their rules.

Can't see it working unless you have an Anchor Store.

They're 'speshul'

Community Member

Nearly all of my listings have been flagged for having contact info that needs to be removed.

The problem with that is that none of my listings have anything even remotely resembling contact info in them. Smiley Indifferent

The thing I find interesting (if not wholly relevant) is that in the EU, it is illegal for sellers not to display their contact info publically, so this is a selective initiative that can't even be implemented everywhere. 

Community Member

in reply to digital*ghost

Maybe its a word or phrase that is triggering the bots, even though it is not being used in the way the bots are reading it. Even something as simple as using a @ somewhere can do it. Even if it is not part of an email address.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!