report seller

adnelg1-5
Community Member

Hi

I am new to Ebay and saw a 1997 Gold Series Toyota Motorhome advertised on Trader Tag...when I enquired about it I was referred to an Ebay email which gave me access to Live Chat...to ask questions. When I got the paperwork it seemed okay but was then advised to send money overseas to and English bank, when I queried this and asked to pay by Paypal, they refused saying customer didnt want to pay fees. Then so called customer rep Caroline became adrupt when I asked whether she could verify that they were from Ebay.

So please beware.  I think they are scammers.  I never saw the advertisement on Ebay.

Cheers Glenda

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

report seller

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I hope you did not send any money.....that is the oldest scam in the books.

Run all your virus scans and change all you passwords.....and be careful of any phishing emails in the next few months.

Just for the record.....you should never pay for a vehicle with paypal.  Apart from the fees for the seller, it is not a safe method of payment as neither the buyer nor the seller are protected by paypal.  It is definitely not an ebay requirement to offer paypal for a vehicle sale.

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply