searching for my items

I just did a couple of searches for my own items using newly listed to narrow it down and they don't appear at all! Then tried again with one item and searched every single item in that particular category and it was still not showing. One was a Camilla Franks scarf and one was a graphic novel. If I put in just Camilla Franks it doesn't show but if I put in Camilla Franks scarf it does!

Same thing with the comic. If I put in graphic novel, which is mentioned in my listing title, it doesn't show but if I put in the title of the comic it does.

I don't understand why other Camilla Franks scarves show when I search using just the words Camilla Franks. Can someone explain this to me?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

searching for my items

how long ago did you list the items?

sometimes it can take 12-24 hours for them to be indexed.

It's not just your novel that is not showing wither the big book store just listed one which isn't showing if you just search graphic novel but if your get a bit more specific it does.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

searching for my items

bf1952
Community Member

It shows on Page 7 when you just enter Camilla Franks as it is way behind the Kaftans and dresses.

If I wanted a Camilla Franks Scarf I would put that and find it on Page 1. 

If I just wanted to have a look at all Camilla Franks stuff I would just put the name. 

If  I put newly listed - it appears on Page 8 as listed on 25th September. There are items being listed all the time so that puts you down the list.

If you have relisted the scarf in the last 30 minutes it may not have been processed yet - it can take up to 24hrs to appear.

Hope this helps.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

searching for my items

The Camilla was listed 25/09 and it is only just now showing up in the search using "Camilla Franks". I thought that if I searched just using those two words, that everything with those words in the title would show up. If I am just browsing I would like to see all Camilla items but if I was after a scarf in particular I would add "scarf" in my search. The graphic novel was only listed last night so I will give it a while to show up.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

searching for my items

The graphic novel was listed last night so it is not showing when I search "graphic novel". It is showing when I use the title of the novel. It is interesting as I thought it woud show up straight away.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply