seller cant give buyer negative ?it is unfair

i am a seller on ebay.rencently i had a buyer,brought a clearance bangle ,before her purchase i inform her this bangle has stone lines and no refund accept ,she  agreed to buy it.but when she got the item ,she said it is damaged,insist to return,i also accepted turn,but she was demanding i pay the return shipping fee.i didn't accept it,she gave me the negative feedback threatened me if i didn't accept return she will call the police and report me to human rights ,equal opportunity sorts of departments,for such a strange behaviour and her account is brand new without any transctions,i doubted she was one of my competitors,her user name is chinese name,so i used some chinese charactors to test,and later she report it to ebay said i attacked her in another language

the second day ,i found ebay has a spot can leave feedback to buyer,i meant to give her a nagative too,when i finshed the nagative comments the system automatically gave her a positive feedback and i can't find any options to move further,i called ebay ,they told me seller had no option to give buyer nagative feedback(why?)and also i can't remove the positive feedback but only the nagative comments.so i accidently gave this buyer a positive feedback but no chance to fix.

after this feedback i block her ,but later i still received her messages,said she is going to  call the police and report my feedback is harassment and verbally bullies,very hard buyer.

anyone can tell me what should i do ?i don't want to receive any of her message.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Sellers haven't been able to leave negative feedback for buyers for years. Possibly close to 10 years. You can't leave a negative comment with a positive dot as it's a violation of policy and you're lucky eBay didn't suspend your account. Your comment has been removed, but the buyer keeps the positive feedback dot.

As for the threats, the buyer is full of it. They are idle threats and they won't act on them. Human rights? That made me laugh! Unfortunately, you are still able to receive messages from buyers who you are in a current transaction with for 60 days from sale, even when you block them. The best thing you can do is not open them. Just delete them. If you keep replying, they will keep harrassing you. If you ignore them and just delete them, the buyer will get bored.

If the messages are abusive and threatening, you can report them to eBay as it's a policy violation to make threats against another member. I have to ask though, why did you assume the buyer spoke Chinese? Even if they do, if they contact you in English, you reply in English. If you used a translator to compose the message, there's a high chance that what you meant to say and what you actually did say are 2 entirely different things. You may well have said something offensive.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

It's also possible that your buyer was upset that you are dropshipping from China. If the buyer is Chinese or some other Asian origin, then they probably know that most stuff like this that comes out of China is fake.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

When you blocked the buyer - did you also tick the option "Don't allow buyers ..."  as shown below

in BUYER REQUIREMENTS

blocked.JPG

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Despite what the last bit says after Note, they can still contact you for 60 days from sale date. I think eBay like it when bad buyers rub sellers up the wrong way.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Think yourself lucky.

If the buyer had known the ropes, they would have opened a case. eBay would have forced you to pay for return postage. If you didn't they would have refunded the buyer the full amount they paid - from YOUR account - and told them to keep the item.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Well there you go, the buyer revised their feedback. She should count herself lucky on several counts, the most serious is a policy violation for leaving a false positive. I'd be buying a lottery ticket.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply