selling car fees

vosa51
Community Member

I put car on eBay for sale with reserve price and eBay charged me $25.00 (for firs invoice sent to me!

Sell was unsuccessful so I relisted car, eBay again grab $25.00 

Looks like car will not be sold on eBay but how is possible to pay more for unsold car than if sold!

If sold eBay charging $60

Trading Post  will charged  for car $50 only you have to remove if sold!

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

selling car fees

@vosa51 wrote:

I put car on eBay for sale with reserve price and eBay charged me $25.00 (for firs invoice sent to me!

Sell was unsuccessful so I relisted car, eBay again grab $25.00 

Looks like car will not be sold on eBay but how is possible to pay more for unsold car than if sold!

If sold eBay charging $60

Trading Post  will charged  for car $50 only you have to remove if sold!

What do you mean by "Sell was unsuccessful"?

If you mean that the winning bidder did not pay then you needed to open a Non Paying Biider Dispute or arrange a mutual cancellation with the bidder.

eBay have no way of knowing that the transaction was not completed unless you follow the correct procedures.

If you are unhappy with the listing fee structure then of course you are free to go elsewhere as you state.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

selling car fees

If it's the Forester and the buyer didn't pay, you should have opened an unpaid dispute against them. You still can as it was only sold 2 weeks ago. Open the case, they have 4 days to pay, if they don't, you close the case after 4 days and eBay refunds your fees. The buyer also gets a strike against their account. If they get 2 strikes, they will find they can't buy off a lot of people who have blocks in place.

That's one of the pitfalls with selling cars on eBay. A friend buys cars, does them up and was selling them on eBay. He had more tyre kickers than successful sales, so he gave up. I also know a few other people who would get lots of bidders, then the winner refused to pay.

The other option is, if the winner refuses to pay, once the unpaid case is closed, you can send a second chance offer to the second highest bidder. They may not accept due to the time lapsed, but you never know.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

selling car fees

OK, I just noticed that both times the reserve wasn't met. I don't think you should have been charged a final value fee if it didn't sell. I also don't think it would be an insertion fee because you would have used some of your free listing quota.

I would suggest phoning eBay to ask them what you have been charged for. If it was charged in error, they should refund you.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

selling car fees

Categories excluded from free listing and auto relist

Cars, Bikes, Boats -  9800

Categories that incur feature fees

Cars, Bikes, Boats -  9800

http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/sites/default/files/fees_by_category.pdf

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

selling car fees

Was it listed under the  'Classfied Ad' tab?

What are the fees for selling?
eBay Motors has low fixed fees for selling vehicles and for featuring items on eBay Motors.

• The insertion (listing) fee for listing vehicles on eBay Motors varies depending on the vehicle type and starting or reserve price, with insertion fees starting from as low as $5. And you only pay a fixed final fee if your vehicle successfully sells. Or you can list as a Classified Ad for a flat $19.99. Twelve photos are also included free of charge for all vehicles, as well as several Upgrade Features - Gallery, Supersize, Picture Show, and Picture Pack. Learn more about fees
  • Fees for items listed in the Parts & Accessories categories are the same as all other categories on eBay. Learn more about fees

• Additional listing upgrades that help drive sales eg Featured Listings, Bold, Subtitle and additional photos are also available for a fee. Learn more about listing upgrades
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

selling car fees

I think you will find the seller can not open an UID for a vehicle sale. I think they are classified as Pick Up items.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply