selling item after ending auction

Hi everyone,

I have an item for sale (a 3 book pack) Two buyers want me to separate the books. 1 buyer asked if I could lower price and add an buy it now button to the listing, lower price because they didn't want all three. After contacting customer care found out I could not add the button mid auction. I msg them this info. Got an msg back asking me to cancel the listing, then they would come pick up the book. Isn't this trading outside ebay. I thought this wasn't ok.

Thank you in advance

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@morgana2408 wrote:

Hi everyone,

I have an item for sale (a 3 book pack) Two buyers want me to separate the books. 1 buyer asked if I could lower price and add an buy it now button to the listing, lower price because they didn't want all three. After contacting customer care found out I could not add the button mid auction. I msg them this info. Got an msg back asking me to cancel the listing, then they would come pick up the book. Isn't this trading outside ebay. I thought this wasn't ok.

Thank you in advance

The short answer is yes.

However you are able to end your listing & relist as BIN if you wish to do so.

Let the Site Map at the bottom of any page become your friend.....all will be revealed.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

It is up to you I guess, but you could cancel the auction, relist the 2 other books on ebay and tell her you have decided to list the wanted book on gumtree instead.

Even show her the link.

That way she can call around to your house and pick up the book for cash, no fees for you. That is how gumtree works and it is owned by ebay anyway.

There is a slight risk to you in that gumtree buyers are fickle and suit themselves if they turn up or not and invariably try to beat you down.

But it sounds as if she is keen so it would probably work out.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply