selling overseas

I'm a bit confused, can someone please put a link up that will not allow overseas buyers to buy from me, or if that can't be done please tell me where to find it (very detailed please). Or seeing as I don't have 10 detailed seller things, do I need not worry about it?
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

selling overseas

@bakeandfry wrote:
I'm a bit confused, can someone please put a link up that will not allow overseas buyers to buy from me, or if that can't be done please tell me where to find it (very detailed please). Or seeing as I don't have 10 detailed seller things, do I need not worry about it?

Site Map at bottom of any page........selling.........block bidder /buyer list..........all we be revealed.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

selling overseas

@bakeandfry wrote:

Good morning.

Had a peek at your listings - you have already chosen No International Postage in your listings - they state posts to Australia only.

You should not be getting international buyers.

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

selling overseas

@bakeandfry wrote:
Thankyou helen, I did select aus post only, only because the way I do ebay is hard enough, never mind posting overseas, id just like to cover all bases, I did get a question from an overseas member, I thought it very strange...

If your items are fairly rare, you may still be picked up in overseas customers searches, even when you list your item as "only post to Australia". This usually occurs when there are no or few matches for a customers search in their own country. Ebay shows a few International listings and offers the buyer the chance to search all items listed worldwide for the particular search terms. I get this a lot with larger items that are too expensive to mail overseas. Enquiries about "would I post overseas and what cost etc. " On occasions I have had International customers "succesfully " buy the item, without checking postage costs and then, never hear from them again once I list postage cost on the invoice. This is for items listed as "Only Posts To AUSTRALIA", so obviously the system is not foolproof.                

I,ve got a stack of defects for items I cancelled under "purchased by a buyer from a country I do not mail too" which was my main reason for cancelling at buyers request when this situation occured. Needless to say, I just go straight through to non payment disputes now, no questions asked. At least this way the buyers cop a strike rather than me recieving a defect. Just another example of the defective defect system at work.

So in answer to the OP, you may still get enquiries from overseas even when listing as "Mail to Australia" only.

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

selling overseas

If you don't want to sell overseas, it's not enough just to not offer international postage in your listings. You have to physically block them as well. You may have to use the website in your phone as opposed to the app.

Go up to the top of your My eBay page in the 'classic site' and click accounts, then site preferences. Scroll down to Postage Preferences, then click Show. A list of options will appear. Click Edit next to Exclude Postage Locations from your Listings. If you don't want to post to any location overseas, make sure every box is ticked. You don't need to expand them.

Tick Apply To All Current Live Listings, then apply.

I'm not sure if clicking this link will get you straight there, but try this before the above. It might be quicker on the phone if it works (and easier!!!) http://cgi5.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ExcludeShippingList

Once you have ticked all those boxes, people will still be able to see your listings if they visit the AU site, but it will show "Does Not Post To <insert country>" where the postage should show. It will also stop them buying if they try.

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

selling overseas

@bakeandfry wrote:

Site Map at bottom of any page........selling.........block bidder /buyer list..........all we be revealed.

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

selling overseas

@bakeandfry wrote:

Good morning.

Had a peek at your listings - you have already chosen No International Postage in your listings - they state posts to Australia only.

You should not be getting international buyers.

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

selling overseas

Thankyou tuckcase, let's just say navigating around full site ebay is very difficult, but will give it a shot.
Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

selling overseas

Thankyou helen, I did select aus post only, only because the way I do ebay is hard enough, never mind posting overseas, id just like to cover all bases, I did get a question from an overseas member, I thought it very strange...
Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

selling overseas

@bakeandfry wrote:

I'm baaack......I was confused.....you did say "buy" in your op......I often ask questions of European sellers who do not always post o/s

.....then again I'm strange ! LOL !

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

selling overseas

Yep I did write "buy", as in to not allow anyone overseas to "buy" from me. You think your strange, try selling by phone only!.
Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

selling overseas

@bakeandfry wrote:

If your items are fairly rare, you may still be picked up in overseas customers searches, even when you list your item as "only post to Australia". This usually occurs when there are no or few matches for a customers search in their own country. Ebay shows a few International listings and offers the buyer the chance to search all items listed worldwide for the particular search terms. I get this a lot with larger items that are too expensive to mail overseas. Enquiries about "would I post overseas and what cost etc. " On occasions I have had International customers "succesfully " buy the item, without checking postage costs and then, never hear from them again once I list postage cost on the invoice. This is for items listed as "Only Posts To AUSTRALIA", so obviously the system is not foolproof.                

I,ve got a stack of defects for items I cancelled under "purchased by a buyer from a country I do not mail too" which was my main reason for cancelling at buyers request when this situation occured. Needless to say, I just go straight through to non payment disputes now, no questions asked. At least this way the buyers cop a strike rather than me recieving a defect. Just another example of the defective defect system at work.

So in answer to the OP, you may still get enquiries from overseas even when listing as "Mail to Australia" only.

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

selling overseas

If you don't want to sell overseas, it's not enough just to not offer international postage in your listings. You have to physically block them as well. You may have to use the website in your phone as opposed to the app.

Go up to the top of your My eBay page in the 'classic site' and click accounts, then site preferences. Scroll down to Postage Preferences, then click Show. A list of options will appear. Click Edit next to Exclude Postage Locations from your Listings. If you don't want to post to any location overseas, make sure every box is ticked. You don't need to expand them.

Tick Apply To All Current Live Listings, then apply.

I'm not sure if clicking this link will get you straight there, but try this before the above. It might be quicker on the phone if it works (and easier!!!) http://cgi5.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ExcludeShippingList

Once you have ticked all those boxes, people will still be able to see your listings if they visit the AU site, but it will show "Does Not Post To <insert country>" where the postage should show. It will also stop them buying if they try.

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

selling overseas

You done it again Sheep, that made it soooo easy!!. Thankyou very much!!.
Message 10 of 16
Latest reply