slow postage time!!!

is it just me or is other sellers experiencing abuse from their buyers with Ausralia post delivery time.For the last 2 weeks i have lost count with the amount or customers who have contacted me complaining about their items not arriving or taking a long time to get to them.Even with the ebay tracking satchels Australia post have not been logging them in as being in transit they just have not been lodged then arrive at my buyers house 2 days later.I have had enough i am in FNQ is any one else experiencing this?

Message 1 of 31
Latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

slow postage time!!!

yes there are many threads about how slack AP is at the moment however they won't acknowledge anything is wrong. When I contacted them regarding letters taking 12 days to go one hour up the road from me the excuse was the bushfires. I said to the girl my post does not go from the NSW/QLD border to brisbane via sydney so stop using the bushfires as an excuse for bad service. Mail into QLD seems to be the worse.

Message 2 of 31
Latest reply

slow postage time!!!

If you use click & send and lodge parcels over the counter at the PO then they usually show in tracking pretty quickly. If you just rely on the basic tracking for parcels and satchels then more often than not they do not show any events up to the time they are delivered.

All you can do is reasure your buyers that the item was posted on xx/yy and that you hope AP delivers it soon.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 31
Latest reply

slow postage time!!!

I've had the same issue. Buyers are getting abusive. I've had numerous customers over the last couple of weeks complaining about not getting parcels, or parcels getting damaged.

I've had things going from Sydney to Sydney taking over a week. Buyers don't seem to want to wait that extra couple of days to compensate for Australia Posts slow delivery speeds. They are demanding refunds.

Even when purchasing things myself, they are taking a long time to arrive, or they don't arrive at all.

Traceable items aren't being scanned in.

There are numerous people complaining about the same thing. Something has to give. Prices went up, level of service went down.

Message 4 of 31
Latest reply

slow postage time!!!

@thebowlerhat2012 wrote:

Traceable items aren't being scanned in.

Must be a metro problem?  I live in a small rural town, and the AusPost clerk scans parcels on the spot at, the counter.

Message 5 of 31
Latest reply

slow postage time!!!

I live in the Capital city. No issues. It's a matter of educating AP staff.

Message 6 of 31
Latest reply

slow postage time!!!

@phorum_junkie* wrote:

If you use click & send and lodge parcels over the counter at the PO then they usually show in tracking pretty quickly. If you just rely on the basic tracking for parcels and satchels then more often than not they do not show any events up to the time they are delivered.

All you can do is reasure your buyers that the item was posted on xx/yy and that you hope AP delivers it soon.

Have to disagree with this.

Click and Send is completely useless for my items. When I do need to post a parcel I just use regular satchels. Never had a problem with the tracking on any of them.

Message 7 of 31
Latest reply

slow postage time!!!

@daltoncornelious wrote:

@phorum_junkie* wrote:

Click and Send is completely useless for my items. When I do need to post a parcel I just use regular satchels. Never had a problem with the tracking on any of them.

Elucidate. C&S provide proper protection at the same or less cost than 'regular' services.

if you're using letters then that is an entirely different, unprotected, issue.

Apples to oranges?

Message 8 of 31
Latest reply

slow postage time!!!

@davewil1964 wrote:

@daltoncornelious wrote:

@phorum_junkie* wrote:

Elucidate. C&S provide proper protection at the same or less cost than 'regular' services.

Apples to oranges?

No one was talking about protection. Threads about slow postage and someone mentioned tracking. I was just stating I have had no problems with the tracking on regular satchels.

And the fact I mostly post letters is why I mentioned click and send was no use to me.

So no, not apples or oranges. No fruit here at all.

And really... Elucidate?

Message 9 of 31
Latest reply

slow postage time!!!

@daltoncornelious wrote:

@davewil1964 wrote:

@daltoncornelious wrote:

@phorum_junkie* wrote:

Apples to oranges?

No one was talking about protection. Threads about slow postage and someone mentioned tracking. I was just stating I have had no problems with the tracking on regular satchels.

And the fact I mostly post letters is why I mentioned click and send was no use to me.

So no, not apples or oranges. No fruit here at all.

And really... Elucidate?

You did, and you were comparing apples to oranges by equating large letter postage to trackable postage.

Message 10 of 31
Latest reply