sponsored links advertising

This peeves me off. I hate looking at one of my listings, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and seeing "similar" stuff displayed by their "sponsored links", directing them off to Greys Online and other websites

Why the hell does eBay do this, yet won`t allow us to put a link up directing customers to our Facebook page or website. They`re losing revenue either way if someone buys the item from a sponsored link, except they are gaining a bit of advertising revenue from those sponsors at the expense of us sellers

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

hi, I completely agree, ebay owns gumtree which has become one of the most frustrating websites imaginable. and i hate using it, now they are doing it to their main paying site, ebay users pay for the use of their system and ebay are now frustrating their own paying clients who sell and buy from ebay, its not good management as it would not take much for users to move to a new site offering what ebay used to be.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

I don't know what annoys me more, the sponsored links or "Popular on eBay" and Collections clickbait on the right of the search results. Why can't people opt out of these things when on average they click these links 0% of the time? You shouldn't have to rely on AdBlock or a script to change i.html to m.html or whatever else just to make eBay's search engine faster.
Message 3 of 3
Latest reply