startrack lost my item....very bad customer service

don't bother using startrack couriers ( I see a previous poster had a bad experience with a tv).

given its christmas I'd cut anyone some slack - however we all have priorities and orders to fill/presents we've bought etc.

supposed to be delivered wed.

I get the no apologies, we've however many 5,000 or 50,000 tonnes arrived in late to sort excuse - not that thats my problem..........and you'll get it tommorrow.

tommorrow comes no package.

today being friday I call for like a 4th time of holding for 25 mins to be told that one of my two packages may arrive today which it didn't - they don't deliver weekends so its going to be at least 4 days late AND one of my parcels is missing.

finally when I get someone who will help I get asked the question did you insure it?  I pay approx $17 for them to get from A to B and they lose it.  I actually paid for 3 of these 5kg satchels, one late, one missing, one in transit. 

so I qualitfy for $50 re-imbursement - perhaps...when inside is several $100s worth of vintage content- which is actually not replaceable.  I'd rather have the goods not the monetary value.  I used courier because they're supposed to be quicker and better quality service than Aust Post.

- this was a vent, I'm the recipient not the account holder.  but have been in touch with the account holder several times as well as their courier acc management.  Any comments?  other than you should have insured - can't change that now. what are my rights (too stronger word ) for very late delivery and lost delivery?

Message 1 of 40
Latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

Star Track are a professional Transport Company, who handle millions of items for pickup & delivery, each year.  As such they have inplace measures to address your issue, onekiwi0.  One must remember that this is the busiest time of the year for Courier/Delivery services. Even Australia Post are under great amount of pressure to deliver all to everybody, before Dec.25th

Do you have Tracking numbers for ALL of your expected deliveries ?  Have you spoken to a Star Track Supervisor ?  If you knew, which you have known all along, why did you NOT take out extra Insurance measures on your parcels.  For your info. ALL ITEMS are scanned on mobile hand held Digital Scanners upon pickup, and then scanned again into the next forwarding depot, and so on, till it arrives on your doorstep.  Were you not jumping on-line to check where your parcels are/were ?

Who "told you" a parcel was "lost", were you talking to a Supervisor ?

Be patient with Star Track, work with them, not against them, stay cool and assist where you can. triple check all your information and facts, correct address etc, etc. We still have a way to go till the 25th Dec.

l too toil in vintage items, and would NEVER SEND or have sent to me, hundred's of $'S WORTH OF ITEMS in the form yours were sent, to save a few $'s, look where it has landed you.  Hope things work out for you, Happy Xmas anyway. attic.

By the way l do not, nor have l ever worked for Star Track, in any way, shape or form. Nor am l a Shareholder Just a Realist.

Message 2 of 40
Latest reply

onekiwi0, l am at a bit of a loss to understand something, let me explain, please. Star Track Vehicle #123 Driver Fred picks up 3 parcels from DFG Co. at Merrylands, NSW to go to you at say Dubbo, NSW.  They are scanned into the system by the above Driver, Sydney Depot know he has them on board, takes them to the Depot, scanned into the Depot, by Driver, time, date, and location.

Next Driver on afternoon shift scans and loads all items heading out towards Dubbo, and takes them to the Penrith, NSW depot, same system all over again, till your parcels arrive at your Door in Dubbo, NSW, for you to sign on the Digital Hand Held Scanner.

See how the system works ?  If Driver did not scan them into the Depot, scanner, Driver, System, and Depot Supervisor would know on their Activity Report, like an exception report, picks up all errors.  So where are your parcels ?

Message 3 of 40
Latest reply

believe me I've very much a realist Attic

I'm the to be  recipient of the couriers.

I have been patient...I have all the tracking no.s, I have spoken to endless people, got many ref no.s and was treated like a whingeing lowlife...until I took it higher up (which is tricky not being the account holder) and they admitted they'd actually lost a parcel. 

the signed manifest has been faxed a copy to the depot to prove it was picked up but nothing has been scanned in.  there is the problem.

I'm looking for helpful solutions not I told you so, "I would never send blah blah", insurance was never suggested and I never thought of it. moving fwd I'm looking for helpful solutions.

with regards to the lateness.  the other courier package that was picked up at the same time hasn't been lost but is 2 days late, no apologies and will be four days late by the time monday comes around IF it arrives then.  imagine if you were a newagent and how much revenue you'd lose if your mags were 4 days late!! (no I'm not a newsagent but attempting a comparison!)

It might be a fair way to go to the 25th AC, but I don't have till the 25th which was why it was sent this week on the 16th. I have deadlines too.

Message 4 of 40
Latest reply

onekiwi, can you tell me where the items were picked up and when, and where they are going to?

Also, what information you have so far as to the whereabouts of the parcels?  You are welcome to PM me if you prefer not to put the information here.

My husband is a StarTrack courier here in Sydney and we may be able to get more information for you.  It will probably be too late to do much tonight by the time he gets back to the base, but he can talk to the supervisor first thing on Monday.

Just to set you straight on the mechanics of courier delivery....the items will be picked up during the day from the sender and scanned into the system on the driver's hand help scanner.   If it is a local delivery it will be delivered the same day by the same driver.

If it is a different state/area it will go back to the base and be scanned in there.  If it is an interstate delivery it will go on the line haul truck that night.

If not on the linehaul delivery it will be picked up next morning by the driver going to the area it is addressed to.

And just to let you know how busy couriers are at present.....each courier is expected to deliver 90 parcels per day, which is why some of them take shortcuts and just leave them on the doorstep.

Message 5 of 40
Latest reply

onekiwi0, l was only trying help you, there was no need to down talk me. Just having a you check all your information, incase something was missed out. ln your reply to lyndal, you told her more than l was, but that is okay.

lyndal is a good knowledgeable person, pm her if you feel better than posting on here. Trust her judgement.

Would still have taken extra coverage to cover your precious vintage items, though. All the best.

Message 6 of 40
Latest reply

attic - your response did sound like a told you so... which is why I elaborated, not talking down. in my rush to get the items delivered (stupidly) insurance did not even cross my mind.

lyndall thank you I will PM you later.  it was going from country perth to sydney which is why I was realistic about time frame, I know from 9 previous couriers when it should arrive.. the one thats late has been rotating in sydney depot since yesterday before 7am  which is frustrating.  its not the country or the perth reason!

Message 7 of 40
Latest reply

whoops and they have authority to leave on my doorstep.

Message 8 of 40
Latest reply

attic case with reply to message 3 - exactly - where are my parcels?!!

Message 9 of 40
Latest reply

That is okay, we are all here to help each other, can you imagine what this place would be like, if there were no boards to come to.

Everyone here gives of their time and hard earned knowledge to assist others.  All good, sometimes we stumble a bit to get the correct answers to people. Can only work on the information that we are given at the time. Cheers. attic. Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 40
Latest reply