startrack lost my item....very bad customer service

don't bother using startrack couriers ( I see a previous poster had a bad experience with a tv).

given its christmas I'd cut anyone some slack - however we all have priorities and orders to fill/presents we've bought etc.

supposed to be delivered wed.

I get the no apologies, we've however many 5,000 or 50,000 tonnes arrived in late to sort excuse - not that thats my problem..........and you'll get it tommorrow.

tommorrow comes no package.

today being friday I call for like a 4th time of holding for 25 mins to be told that one of my two packages may arrive today which it didn't - they don't deliver weekends so its going to be at least 4 days late AND one of my parcels is missing.

finally when I get someone who will help I get asked the question did you insure it?  I pay approx $17 for them to get from A to B and they lose it.  I actually paid for 3 of these 5kg satchels, one late, one missing, one in transit. 

so I qualitfy for $50 re-imbursement - perhaps...when inside is several $100s worth of vintage content- which is actually not replaceable.  I'd rather have the goods not the monetary value.  I used courier because they're supposed to be quicker and better quality service than Aust Post.

- this was a vent, I'm the recipient not the account holder.  but have been in touch with the account holder several times as well as their courier acc management.  Any comments?  other than you should have insured - can't change that now. what are my rights (too stronger word ) for very late delivery and lost delivery?

Message 1 of 40
Latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

Trust me l do not have them, not at my Door.  PM lyndal, she will put her Sherlock Holmes Hat on.

Message 11 of 40
Latest reply

You have my sympathy onekiwi.

I had a recent experience with Startrack this month.. I did get my parcel though...used up lots of mobile phone credit first.

Monday - I was home, driver seen by me driving off. I then open the front door -  he left a card. No way did that driver make a suitable attempt to deliver that parcel by knocking properly on the front door. Sliding door near it was open.

I call Startrack they say we will deliver it tomorrow. It is signature on delivery so they won't leave it.

Tues - wait at home ... no parcel. Phone again. They say will deliver it tomorrow. Phone operator admits they don't know much about where parcels are and when they will be delivered.. can make notes that's about all.  Ask to speak to supervisor, I don't  get to speak to them but phone operator asks the supervisor questions and gives me the answers.. Be delivered tomorrow.

Wed... I find out there is online tracking.. look at that - nothing there to say parcel on board truck for delivery. Phone again.. get told allsorts of lame excuses... might still be coming, drivers mighn't pack their trucks till after 11am etc.. Speak to track n trace. Tell them I don't want parcel delivered on Thursday as I won't be home, please redeliver on Friday.. no problems they said.

Thursday - I away from home. Startrack attempt to deliver the parcel. Call again, phone operator defensive and making lamer excuses. Ask to speak to supervisor. Get put through. She is apologetic and helpful. She calls the hub where parcel is held and organises delivery for Friday, calls me back to tell me this.

Friday -  A very nice Startrack driver delivers my parcel. He said he came to my house Thursday and was told after that not to deliver to my house Thursday.  He also said that the driver on Monday was a contract driver.. and the Startrack driver said he (himself) would have made more effort to find out if someone home and may have tried a neighbour to accept it (which would be fine by me).

The  issues are:

1. Startrack use contract drivers, they don't seem to be able to track their deliveries.

2. My parcel after the first failed delivery attempt was left in a Aust Post hub (not returned to a Startrack depot). Once it is returned to a hub  it can't be checked out again for  2 days .With my  failed Monday delivery.. that would mean not able to be delivered again till Thursday at the earliest. So why were they telling me it would be there on Tues, then Wed?

When I said I can't sit at home for 5 days 9am-5pm waiting for a parcel they said nobody said you have too. (signature on delivery so it won't be left at door)

Their answer was for me to drive 40mins to the city and pick it up from the hub.... I paid to get it delivered to my house....

Message 12 of 40
Latest reply

kate399
Community Member

Do you know who owns Star Track ?

Message 13 of 40
Latest reply

Can l have a guess please Kate ?    1. Australia Post    or   2. Qantas

Would l be right on either ?????    attic.

Message 14 of 40
Latest reply

Yes, Australia Post.. yet when they (Startrack) drop their undelivered parcels into an Australian Post hub they (Startrack) don't have any knowledge with what is going on in the hub... also once in the parcels can't  come out for 2 days.. pathetic.

Then they (Startrack) also use other contractors to deliver parcels and they have no control over them either.

Message 15 of 40
Latest reply

About us:

Together StarTrack and Australia Post form Australia's most trusted freight and logistics provider. The combined business brings together the premium service standards of StarTrack with the trust, reach and convenience that Australia Post is renowned for, to create the largest logistics force in the country.

In October 2012, Australia Post acquired Qantas' 50 per cent interest in StarTrack, making Australia Post the sole shareholder in StarTrack. The acquisition was finalised in November 2012 following consultation with the ACCC.

This followed the integration of Star Track Express and Australian air Express's door-to-door retail business in 2011 — a coming together of the country's premier road and air freight networks.

Message 16 of 40
Latest reply

Well said am*3,  and where does Australia Post's  Contract Delivery arm called Messanger Post, fit into this scheme ?

Message 17 of 40
Latest reply

youre funny attic, oh dear am.  

I don't even have to sign for any of them, so haven't been sitting at home but still stewing/spewing and home most of the time. ....

doesn't help to hear AP own them, altho I already knew that...

lyndallll.......................help??????

Message 18 of 40
Latest reply

@attic-case wrote:

Well said am*3,  and where does Australia Post's  Contract Delivery arm called Messanger Post, fit into this scheme ?

Its all a bit inter-related isn't it? Pity it isn't an efficient service.

Message 19 of 40
Latest reply

Yes you are correct, in the end you do not know who has got what, when,and how,  and who's turn it is to bring it to you door. WHEN?

Message 20 of 40
Latest reply