warning all sellers dublicated listing policy freeze account even editing

I am not having a good week with Ebay .

my account have been restricted due to a duplication of item listed on our Australian and USA Ebay site , the description is the same but the prices are different , I had this problem in the past and was advised by Ebay to change the qualities and price , this will then make your listing different. As usual there rules always change.

Ebay big stick comes out and restricts your account, to the point you cannot even edit and other potential listing. I would believe this will shut down 90% of the large Chinese sites.

I did ring them , like usual just a waste of time, I will hope that when the 7 days is up I have been slammed for other restrictions.

Maybe someone out there would suggest is there a way you can search your listing to see if there is any violations, like duplicated listing, the one just removed had been there for over 12 months

Dealing on Ebay is like walking a tight rope , you never no when you going to fall off.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

eBay user shipscript created a tool to check for listings that may be duplicates.

You can only scan one eBay site at a time.

http://www.isdntek.com/ebaytools/DuplicateListings.htm

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

thanks for that mate , would have been nice if Ebay sent this tool to us before freezing my store was able to edit 6 other items now by this application I am in the clear, but I am sure they will come up with another beauty, this you sent would be very helpfull to all sellers

so I will highlight it again

use above link to find any dublicated items you sell in your store works well

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

eBay user shipscript created a tool to check for listings that may be duplicates.

You can only scan one eBay site at a time.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

thanks for that mate , would have been nice if Ebay sent this tool to us before freezing my store was able to edit 6 other items now by this application I am in the clear, but I am sure they will come up with another beauty, this you sent would be very helpfull to all sellers

so I will highlight it again

use above link to find any dublicated items you sell in your store works well

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Wow! Thank you. I just ran this and found a listing that had completely the wrong title! Must have been gremlins in the system one day.

Certainly worth running.

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

BACHELORETTE HENS NIGHT BRIDE WEDDING PARTY PECKER FEATHER BOA PINK PIPEDREAM this person has it 3 times in their store. I cant understand how that is missed by a BOT
Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Sorry has in store 4 times and had a look every item is listed multiple times

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Thanks for the link bbs, I found 6 items that needed tweaking.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

I've run this duplicate finder across our two stores as well and it shows up quite a few it considers to be likely duplicates.

However, they are mostly Barefoot Sandals for babies.

In these cases the difference between the listings is the fabric flowers that adorn these sandals, so the minute you look at the pics you can see there is a difference. Even tho the category, title and price may be the same.

So if their bots are clever enogh to look at the data in the picture files they will be able to see that the listing pics are indeed quite different. I don't believe that this checker is clever enough to do that as it would be quite a bit more complex programming.

So I would use this tool as a guide only as it is really intended.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

@clarry100 wrote:

In these cases the difference between the listings is the fabric flowers that adorn these sandals, so the minute you look at the pics you can see there is a difference. Even tho the category, title and price may be the same.

So if their bots are clever enogh to look at the data in the picture files they will be able to see that the listing pics are indeed quite different. I don't believe that this checker is clever enough to do that as it would be quite a bit more complex programming.

Sorry to disagree clarry, but I can assure you from my own experience, they do not even look at the photos - the only aspect they are checking is the title (oh & category & price I guess).  I had several listings removed some time back, even though as shown in the photos the items were quite clearly very different - it made absolutely no difference according to ebay because the titles and prices were the same - they were glass beads.  Eg. I had two different green and blue beads listed, so because the titles were identical - wham !! Similar problem with White & Multi coloured fleck & so it went on & on.  According to CS, the only acceptable solution was to change the wording of the titles and yet as mentioned, the Chinese get away with it constantly . . . . . .  Smiley Frustrated

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

Brilliant bbs, thanks so much for sharing Smiley Happy    Just did a check & no duplicates detected - phew

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply