Message 2 of 40
Latest reply

were have all the buyers gone from ebay

They have all become sellers. Smiley Very Happy

image host
Message 3 of 40
Latest reply

For buyers wanting to buy new goods, there is such a large choice of online stores both in Australia and oseas now.. not like when eBay first started out.. little or no competition from other online stores.

Major retail online stores have free postage offers etc too, heavy discounted prices at sale times etc.

Also people may not have as much disposable income as they used to.. job losses, hours cut etc.. can only spend money on essential items.

Message 4 of 40
Latest reply

There buyers have gone to gumtree now
Message 5 of 40
Latest reply

Now that we have added the postage cost to our items they appear to be to dear in comparision to B.M stores.

Message 6 of 40
Latest reply

An item for $10 with $9 postage on ebay, I can buy elsewhere online for $10-12 incl postage (Aust website, US supplier)

Message 7 of 40
Latest reply

There buyers have gone to gumtree now -topgun

------------------------------------------------------------

I wish they all had!!

My sister and I have just had a few of the same items listed on both gumtree and ebay. The wall unit was on gumtree for a couple of weeks with a lot of views and no offers, but had 9 bids in 5 days on ebay.So we did better selling that on ebay, got quite a bit more than the starting price (which was also the price on gumtree, with no offers at all).

On the other hand, a cast iron bench had only one bid and sold for only $35 on ebay and now I have had several gumtree people contacting me with firm offers to buy and pick up this weekend. Can't do it now. Got to wait on the ebay customer plus pay commission.Smiley Sad

Ebay is probably easier for selling small items-books, shoes etc which can be posted.

Gumtree in my experience works better for bigger pick up items.

I find they work in different directions-ebay prices go up, on gumtree people expect them to come down, so it is hard to know where to start when you are a seller.

I think people are spending as much, it is just there are more sites now where they can spend it.

Message 8 of 40
Latest reply

why has it become so hard to sell anyhing

------------------------------------

Just thinking about my own buying habits.

I used to buy a fair bit from ebay, but not a lot lately.

I've had a browse but couldn't find what i was looking for (not on ebay or anywhere else)

The things I have bought lately have been from catch of the day or groupon, plus I bought some second hand baby things for a grand child from a local gumtree seller.

Why aren't I buying as much from ebay? I don't know really, except to say some of the things i used to buy on ebay were often clothes, underwear that was new but from party plan sellers trying to clear older stock. But now those companies have websites offering the same thing-clearance lines.

And ebay has changed. It used to have a lot of small sellers with little items, maybe second hand, that migth appeal. Now I find I have to trawl through reams of chinese stuff and it can be hard to filter out.

But ebay has some good items. It is just that this used to be one of the few online buying platforms, whereas now it is one of many.

Message 9 of 40
Latest reply

I hope eBay management read posts like this. Our particular category is swamped by Chinese sellers. We often take a look thru feedback history of some ofour buyers and find tthat they most often buy from these sellers. Were just hope that once they buy from us they like the fast and friendly service we provide and won't go back.
Message 10 of 40
Latest reply