what happens to non payers

interested to know if there are any penalties for non buyers.

As a seller I am unable to give a buyer negative or neutral feedback when they do not complete their obligation to pay for something that they have bought. Usually there is absolutely no communication from them, I always give people the benifit of the doubt and wonder what has happened to them if they have fallen ill, or any other mishap. 

But when a buyer does not fulfil their obligation without any reason then I assume that they are either dead or just plain rude.

If ebay wish to discourage the seller from letting other sellers know that they are dealing with a non payer, then I would expect that eBay would alert other sellers to this efect to avoid the time wasted in chasing up non payment etc.

Surely there could be system generated feedback from ebay that at least gives the buyer a neutral but should be negative.

what do you think?

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Absolutely nothing, except for them finding it impossible to buy from people who have blocked people with more than 2 non-payment strikes.
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Personally (and many don't agree) I think sellers SHOULD be allowed to leave a red dot for fake bidders who refuse to pay (in addition to the non-payment strike)

Sellers pretty much have 0 rights as far as ebay is concerned whereas buyers are believed 99.9% of the time even if they are lying through their teeth and the seller has proof of such 

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Open an unpaid item case,close it when time permits then put that buyer on your blocked list that's all you can do

and if all sellers do the same then that buyer and others that don't pay won't be able to do it again.

Ebay will not name and shame buyers as they're ebay's bread and butter lol.

I had 100's of buyers on my blocked list and it worked fine as they tried to buy but couldn't.

You can't get blood out of a stone so just move on.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Ebay does not allow naming and shaming of sellers either so in that respect they are equal.   Personally I think really bad sellers deserve to the named and shamed for everybody's protection.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Yes lyndal sellers as well but this is about buyers so you will need to start a new thread in the selling section thank you Woman Tongue

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Smiley Tongue To you too eezi.Smiley LOL

I can't start a thread on the Seller's board.....I am not a seller and I am sure I would be hauled over the coals for daring to encroach on seller's territory.Smiley Frustrated

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

My bad lyndal because this is the sellers section Woman Surprised

So you need to start it on the buyers section I think,I'm confused now,forget it let someone else do it Woman LOL

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply