what the hell is napster?

I would hate to see ebay go but I think the time is comming. Mayby they will just pull out of Australia or something. Bring some coke and get everyone addicted.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Your question in the subject does notmake sense with what you have written in the body?

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

@jpamboris wrote:

Your question in the subject does notmake sense with what you have written in the body?

Hey boris,me thinks the OP is sampling some Colombian Marching Powder !?!?

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Didn't Napster die as a result of some shady copyright activities?

Maybe there is a parallel being drawn to ebay???

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

I hear what your saying, but i don't believe that will happen, there too entrenched in our psyche.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Napster according to Wikipedia :

Napster is a name given to two music-focused online services. It was originally founded as a pioneering peer-to-peer file sharing Internet service that emphasized sharing audio files, typically music, encoded in MP3 format. The original company ran into legal difficulties over copyright infringement, ceased operations and was eventually acquired by Roxio. In its second incarnation Napster became an online music store until it was acquired by Rhapsody from Best Buyon December 1, 2011.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Was there a thing before napster? They (the one I'm trying to think of) ended up actually hosting the information which I assume is why they got shut down. The law has changed now and if you assist in it it doesn't matter.

I only bring this up because ebay have several thousand listings that have counterfiet products. I have reported some yet nothing is done. It is ebay that own the listing, they even are nice enough to place ads on there for you.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

just the standed stuff, alcohol that is. plus a big freaking smoke.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

@dylan11235813 wrote:

Was there a thing before napster? They (the one I'm trying to think of) ended up actually hosting the information which I assume is why they got shut down. The law has changed now and if you assist in it it doesn't matter.

I imagine you were thinking of Limewire

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

The sad thing about Limewire for the users, some were paying for the service, thinking that was keeping everything legal, but the money wasn't going to the artists, it was going straight into the pockets of those that owned the site. People got ripped off blind when they thought they were doing the right thing.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply