when I sell an item now I get an email that says congratulations item sold but no customer name and

when I sell an item now I get an email that says congratulations item sold but no customer details why

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

when I sell an item now I get an email that says congratulations item sold but no customer name and

Another new ebay innovation! Now they don't even want you to know who your buyer is!! lol!

But seriously, the 'sold confirmation email' format change happened to me for the first time last Thursday night. First I thought it was a glitch but no... another came through and another....(nice to have the sales BUT I would like to know who is buying). The email I receive has the item (and thumbnail pic), the price, the name and username of buyer but no postal address information - not even country of buyer.

It is a total pain in the b**! I like to print my sold emails and use them to quickly and easily find the ordered product etc. A hard copy is useful for addressing envelopes and for placing with the item bought so as not to confuse with other items of same type, etc...

Also I like to know immediately where my buyer is (what location either State or Country) this means sometimes I don't have to open a browser or log into ebay because I know that postage quotes are taken care of in the listing or alternatively I know that I have to log in and send an invoice or whatever. My sales processing is slowed down by this new format.

I have been sending ebay a message (daily) regarding this via the 'Tell us what you think' button on the top of the page. I suggest others who are affected do the same. I would also like to know how many others this has affected?

We all process our sales in our way and with our own routines (some don't even look at any ebay emails). Would be interested to know if this has affected anyone else (thus a better chance of having it changed back).  Although it seems that once ebay changes something there is no going back....

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

It is to avoid you inadvertently using the registered address which is not confirmed at the time of payment as the shipping address.

For those not impoting to ebay labels or click and send it is easy to do

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

My sold messages still give the buyers details, including their address. When I'm packing the items after payment, I always use the address in the order details as it updates with a different address when the buyer pays, if they have changed to a different address when they pay. I've had a few where their registered address is a house, but when they pay, the address is a work address.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Lucky you! Mine changed last week and I assume it will be a rolling change over to the new format and is not a glitch. It's obviously a new format because it says blah, blah, blah at the top (about making sure you post quickly etc) and the pic is bigger and it has a huge ebay money back guarantee banner along the bottom. No name or postal address just item sold, date, quantity, price, username (and email address). Totally useless (for me).

I understand the need to differentiate between shipping (paypal) address and ebay (registration) address but the few times a year I get two adresses I message the buyer and it is cleared up within minutes or hours. (Note: 99% of the time the Paypal address is usually the correct postal address). I use ebay post labels as well as the occasional handwritten large letter envelope (or print off the address and tape on). It's just handy to have the address information as well.  I ask why change the system when we have had it for years and it has worked perfectly well....oh no don't answer that lol!

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

After two months of the (useless) new layout my 'sold confirmation' emails returned to the original format at the beginning of April. Forgot to mention that on another selling id the email never changed. Anyway it's back to the better format for me and I'm just grateful for small miracles ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply