why am I still being charged a shipping fee by ebay when I cancelled my sales.

hi..can some one please tell me how come ebay is charging me shipping fees on sales that i cancelled once I realised their policy had changed to do that..it wasnt worth it to me to sell my clothes or shoes or hand made cloth dolls on here once I realised they had decided to get so greedy I tried to keep my prices down as I knew the costs of postage was put on the buyers..like it used ot be in the first years I was on here selling things..but when I saw the postal fees were put on us as well..well it wouldnt be worth it to me..I didnt see the  changes until Id posted a heap of stuff on here ..and frankly .Id end up with next to nothing for my trouble so I cancelled the  things id put on for auction and sale..yet they are still charging me over $14 for fees for shipping or something like that?? Im not  a business person ..Im a simple stay at homme mum trying to make some pocket money for myself..its bloody cheeky if you ask me..I will never again deal with ebay and will warn all my mates and family as well..this doesnt seem fair or right to still take shipping fees on things Im not selling..Im going to take it up with fair trading I think to see if its right or not? can anyone explain to me why or how they can still take these shipping fees on cancelled auctions and sales..when Im not shipping a darned thing??

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ebay do not charge FVF on unsold items, if you have charges, they  would only be for any listing and/or FVF fees for items you sold before you cancelled your listings.  If you go to your My Ebay page and click the Account tab, you can see a list of all charges levied for the last period, that will clarify exactly what you have been charged for. 

Cheers,

Penny

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

looks like you listed a lot more than the 40 free listings-- so you would have hd to pay some Listing Fees

you sold at least 3 items, so you would have had to pay final value fees and shipping value fees on those Sales.

ignorane of the rules is not an excuse to not work by them.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

You will have been charged for the items you had already sold.

Check your eBay invoice and that will give you the breakdown for the various charges.

If you still beleive you have been overcharged you need to ring eBay to sort it out, not much we can do to help sorry.

...and what putney said LOL

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Ebay do not charge FVF on unsold items, if you have charges, they  would only be for any listing and/or FVF fees for items you sold before you cancelled your listings.  If you go to your My Ebay page and click the Account tab, you can see a list of all charges levied for the last period, that will clarify exactly what you have been charged for. 

Cheers,

Penny
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

ok thank you very much..tis all changed alot since I was on here back in the day..not for me anymore ..will find some place less greedy..but thankyou all for taking the time to help and answer me..cheers
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Most of your items post for $8.25 so adding ten cents to item cost or knocking ten cents off the packaging and handling part of the postage would more than cover the extra, if your profit margin was that tight I can't imagine why you  would waste time selling anyway.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

thanks for the help Phorum-junkie...in answer to your question..I used to sell things on ebay years ago when it was better.its gone to hell now I think..at least for the smaller sellers who want to just make some pocket money off home made things or old clothes etc...it was worth it back then..i sell things as cheap as I do as I just want to sell them for a fair price that I would be prepared to buy them for..but I read that new postage fee thing after Id put heaps up for sale..and decided it was wrong and not worth it for me after ebay fees an -[aypal took their hit as well from any profits.. realised ebay has changed alot since I first sold on here..and yes I realised its not worth it for me..was just trying to sell my stuff instead of just giving them away as we need the money..we are not well off. never have been but this year has been **bleep**py money wise..so I .just trying to make back abit on clothes shoes etc I had bought when we were better off and that I now wont use or dont fit me anymore..so theres the answer..Im not an idiot.though it may of looked that way from my question..I was just confused....I also make OOAK cloth dolls that sold well back in the day on here..thought id give them another try to make some pocket money for myself.. I cant go out and work as Im a full time carer for my mother..but oh well..I just will have to find somewhere else now ..etsy maybe.?.sorry if I bothered you all..you were a big help and I relaly appreciated it..ebay has asked me to say which one of your comments helped me the most..I read the first ones and they helped me find my way out of things..but thankyou to everyone..at least theres still some kind & helpful people out there in the world..cheers
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply