why cant I leave negative feedback for non payers?

I am a seller and I am so tired of having no pay customers,I wouldnt mind at all if they would answer my emails,I am very to cancel transactions,but there is no discouraging people from doing that,if ebay would reverse the fee charged for the sale to the buyer, and when it is  paid, it changes back to the seller.good idea to me...

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes it is a real problem I too as a seller have every week non payers, or some cancellation or another. Yes Ebay does gives them a strike, but unfortunately thats good i suppose if they keep doing it they can get banned from the site, but with not being able to leave feedback for the non payer it dosen't warn other sellers. You used to be able to leave feedback for buyer and seller, its a shame as the buyer can now do as they like.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Negative feedback doesn't stop buyers from buying or winning auctions.

That's why ebay introduced the strike system which has been in place for years.

Open non payer cases each time and close them 4 days later if they don't pay.

Buyer gets a strike, you get your fee returned and can re-list. They can't leave feedback after that.

Also set your blocks to block serial non payers. Buyer with 2 or more strikes won't be able to bid or buy.

Hover over account tab and select site prefs then buyer requirements.

To the right select show n edit, set blocks and save.

image host
Message 2 of 26
Latest reply

.....if I had a dollar....

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 3 of 26
Latest reply

@2106greencat wrote:

.....if I had a dollar....

.....I'd almost have enough to cover all the items that were never paid for. Smiley LOL

Message 4 of 26
Latest reply

Yes it is a real problem I too as a seller have every week non payers, or some cancellation or another. Yes Ebay does gives them a strike, but unfortunately thats good i suppose if they keep doing it they can get banned from the site, but with not being able to leave feedback for the non payer it dosen't warn other sellers. You used to be able to leave feedback for buyer and seller, its a shame as the buyer can now do as they like.

Message 5 of 26
Latest reply

I have on occassion been quick enough to leave a bad comment for someone who has not paid but we cannot make it a negative feedback as ebay does not give us the option.

This should change so we can warn other people of these customers.People do make mistakes and if that happens they can go through Ebay and the seller to get the comment removed. I have done this for some customers.

We still should have the right to give a negative feedback!!!

Message 6 of 26
Latest reply

The strike system works much better because most sellers will have their settings set so these serial offenders can't bid on or buy their items. Some of them can spend quite a while wondering why suddenly they have restrictions on who they can buy from. Sure, they can open another account to get around the blocks, but ebay frowns on that and they can get into even bigger strife. If someone doesn't pay, as already mentioned, open a case, close it 4 days later and add that buyer to your blocked list. Plus, make sure your settings are set so if they do have 2 or more strikes, they can't buy from you in any capacity.

Message 7 of 26
Latest reply

This is well and good if you set more than 2 strikes?

Where does it tell you the person has strikes?  (I was not really aware)

Anyhow I recently  sold something and highest bidder (or they won it) - It was a car

They did not phone me, contact me - they viewed the product 168 times - after the bid ended another 3 times - they knew what

was going on. if read through the posts - It was the same thing, did not turn up - did not pay etc BUT their score was 100%

BECAUSE you cannot leave negative feedback. 

I since sold for $300.00 less, they cost me $300.00 uRGHHHHHH/

I can understand why you cannot leave negative feedback (you used to be able too) - if someone does not like something they

can say that but it is subjective.. I might think a bottle of wine is great and others not...

HOW about this then EBAY....... the number of non-payments listed on their account  / number of purchases...

99/100  (1 non-payment or incomplete transactions  ) = 99% non-payment  feedback + normal feedback about the product and

service.....

3/10 (7 non-payments) = 30% feedback etc....

NON- payment has nothing to do with the product - it is about the person preforming DOING THE RIGHT THING...

Thanks

Message 8 of 26
Latest reply

Nice thread resurrection

Did you do a 2nd chance offer on that car? 

Would've only lost $25

Message 9 of 26
Latest reply

Ebay told me that I should have to wait 4 days for open unpaid item case to valid (ie give the "person" 4 days to pay) and then another 4 days to secure it, (unpaid item case) ie 8 days, in hinds sight I should done second chance - but there were a lot of calls to ebay, they said technically there could be 2 buyers if second chance offer and the first person came through....I dont know my head was spinning at the time and the person with second chance offer and never bought anything before so was not sure if that person knew how ebay worked either.....experience is the best teacher...

I should have cancelled that person's bid when I had the chance reading their reviews ...never again, where there is smoke there is fire... 🙂

Message 10 of 26
Latest reply