why is ebay so slow?

I am finding ebay to be extremely slow, other sites on web all fine, using firefox .. cleared caches etc, have pop up stuff and ad blockers going,.... time ticks over and I either get the ebay page saying is busy etc. or get time out. Photos are especially troublesome....

i am working from the- outback -cottage- boutique, and I am getting quite annoyed.

Is this another way ebay is trying to get rid of it's sellers? Unable to list new items!

Any one else or just me/

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

why is ebay so slow?

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I have found it a bit slow the last half hour or so but it is Friday and anything can be expected when ebay do their maintenance.

Just go with the flow and wait for the Friday Gremlins to go away for another week.

Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

why is ebay so slow?

Its been very slow for me too. I am with Dodo on ADSL 2 and I thought it was them but everything else is running at full speed.

Listing is the worst. The Publishing sems to be taking forever.

Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

why is ebay so slow?

Well this is years later and ebay is so BLIMMIN SLOW!!!! I'm on NBN with a 7K speed but still issues with only ebay.

It's all the adds loading up! Very annoying, all those side adds etc.

Getting close to closing my account and I've purchased quite a few items over the years.

Stew.

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

why is ebay so slow?

@stewmeikle wrote:

Well this is years later and ebay is so BLIMMIN SLOW!!!! I'm on NBN with a 7K speed but still issues with only ebay.

It's all the adds loading up! Very annoying, all those side adds etc.

Getting close to closing my account and I've purchased quite a few items over the years.

Stew.

I have an Ad Blocker (AdBlock Plus on Firefox) installed and that seems to help a lot for general navigation.

Sometimes eBay's still pretty slow though but as far as listing goes, I find the new lister works a lot better than the old one.

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

why is ebay so slow?

I would expect, with a 7k download speed, the average webpage would take several hours to download. Which probably means you replied to this thread when it was current.

Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

why is ebay so slow?

August 2017, ebay take forever - I have nbn and everything else works fine normally, but with ebay running everything slows ro avgrinding halt - not happy 😓
Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

why is ebay so slow?

Download an adblocker for your browser.  Problem solved.

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

why is ebay so slow?

@imastawka wrote:

Download an adblocker for your browser.  Problem solved.

Stawks...  post started 2015  Man Tongue

.....they're bleeding everywhere. Maybe we should bump some really old posts to make life a bit more exciting around here... LOL

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

why is ebay so slow?

Hold tight Jane....if you wait long enough I am sure there will be a few threads from 2010 and 2011 surfacing.

I thought I was going mad recently when I did not recognise a post that had received a kudo....until I realised it was from 2011.

This one is a pup compared to that one.

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply