Book Fairs, Library Sales - Dates & Times

Let's continue the great thread from the 'old' boards and share information about Library Sales, Book Fairs
Message 1 of 1,392
Latest reply
1,391 REPLIES 1,391

Yes, that's what the OH reckons.
Message 11 of 1,392
Latest reply

Good thinking girls! I was thinking about your shot at stardom over the W/E Kelly.

I picked the flyer for the Yarragaon Book Sale up at the Inverloch market yestersday from a book stall. They had a fantastic range of books that I really wanted to buy so I could brag big time - here's a short list of what was on offer, with there asking prices:

Ion Idriess:
Back to Cairns
Prospecting for Gold x 2
Stone Destiny
Forty Fathoms Deep
Gold Dust and Ashes x2
Over the Range
Greatest Stories Vol 1 & 2

Nearly a full Set of Trixie Belden

Readers Digest of Birds

Alot of HC Enid Blyton

and so much more that I can't remember!! I was nearly salavating!!!!!!

But they were a dealer so their prices were HUGE, and they knew which books were worth more. The 32+ numbers of Trixie were $20+ the lower numbers were about $7
Ion's were pretty much over $50, the 1st edition or HC with DJ were $80+
The Readers Digest was $50

So my excitement soon died ๐Ÿ˜ž definately NOT market prices!

Then I thought, hmmmmmmm, wonder how pricey the Charity Sale would be if they would be there!!
The art of being wise is knowing what to overlook.'
William James
Message 12 of 1,392
Latest reply

yarmak
Community Member
a couple weekends ago I picked up 30 Timms Idriess Durack and Bruce books - very very happy
Dave
Message 13 of 1,392
Latest reply

Well done Dave.

I did a Google for the Yarragon Book Fair on the weekend & found the info Neva has posted, but before it was posted :P. What I find strange is that she found the flyer in South Gipps while the Latrobe Valley paper etc never have anything about it. And we are a lot closer to Yarragon & the local hospital's cancer unit is one of the beneficiaries. The hospital is the only place that has info about it here, but unless you need to be there you don't get to see any flyers.
Message 14 of 1,392
Latest reply

GLEN WAVERYLEY, VIC

rOTARY Book Sale

Saturday 18th April 9am - 5 pm &

Sunday 19th April 2009 9am - 1 pm

Black flat Cnr Springvale and Waverley Road

Glen Waverley

http://rotarnet.com.au/users/9/98118/index.htm
Message 15 of 1,392
Latest reply

yarmak
Community Member
thanks Squaki

this easter weekend at the Claremont showgrounds there is an antique and "art and crafts fair.

I go and usually find at least one book that is not overpriced ๐Ÿ™‚
Dave
Message 16 of 1,392
Latest reply

Kelly, what's the Glen Waverley Rotary book sale like? I have too many books lying around at the moment but I could always add to them...

Mike
Message 17 of 1,392
Latest reply

MITCHAM (SA) LIBRARY SALE

The Library's annual book sale for 2009 will be held at St Bernadette's Hall, St. Marys (corner of South Road and Walsh Street) on Saturday 2nd May from 10am - 4pm & Sunday 3rd May from 10am-1pm. Come along and browse through our extensive range of ex-library, newly donated and second hand books, including fiction, non-fiction and children's titles. The book sale provides excellent value and offers something to suit
all reading tastes.

For further information please contact the Mitcham Library (8271 0999) or Blackwood Library (8278 5200).
Message 18 of 1,392
Latest reply

Mike, I went last year, very late on the Saturday and it was very expensive. They wanted $2 for a teen horse book. I don;t think I'll bother.
Message 19 of 1,392
Latest reply

Woohoo

just picture me doing a happy dance

MORE booksales

I got some good books there last year
Message 20 of 1,392
Latest reply