Information on 8 track cartridges

I have a couple of them but i'm realy no expert . I've attached a pic of three of them , they are in the original boxes and boxes are good not in mint condition. The three titles are . My Fair Lady , War of the worlds and an original Soundtrack recording of The Rocky Horror Picture Show. Just want to know what they might be worth. I can take another pic in a reply on condition of the tape bit because i have no idea on these things any information would be much appreciated . Thank you.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

You'd probably get something for them. The main thing is to carfeully check the sponge under the tape to see if it has deteriorated. The felt pad 8 tracks are usally fine. But the sponges turn to a gooey oily mess after 20 years. They can be fixed though.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

You'd probably get something for them. Just the main thing is to identify if the sponges under the tape have deteriorated or not. They turn to a gooey mess after 20 years. The felt pads on the brass or copper armatures are OK. Caution with oil / perspiration on fingers when examining the tape as well.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Another thing too. Just remember that many of the cartridges may suffer from tape breakage at the join of the loop. Often sellers warn of this. Due to the age, the glue that joins them at the tin-foil join comes undone. They can be fixed easily once you know what you are doing. Just make sure though that if you ever attempt to take apart a cartridge, make sure there are no toddlers or cats around. Cat Happy

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply