The Beatles MONO cd box set.. BUYER BEWARE

Be careful when buying the cheaper Beatles MONO box sets from China. These are not official releases. Official releases cost hundeds of dollars but the bootlegs you can buy for as little as $55... I bought one not expecting much but I got even less than I expected. For a start, the printing on the covers is way dark (The green background on the "Rubber Soul" cover is almost BLACK). Also the promised 44-page booklet explaining why these mono mixes are so important was just NOT THERE (the box was sealed BTW). They simply didn't bother putting it in. Also, the "Sgt Pepper" cd cover contained ANOTHER copy of "Hard Days Night" so I missed out on Pepper disc. To add insult to injury, the "White Album" discs are mislabelled. Put on Disc 1 expecting to hear "Back In The USSR" and you get "Birthday" instead. Put on disc 2 to play "Birthday" and you get "...USSR". it really is a messy, slip-shod affair and you don't want to be sending cds backwards and forwards to China. It takes forever to get from there to here and the chances are you'll blow your money... oh, and you'll be re-gluing many of the covers as well. They literally come apart in your hands. So take a chance if you want to but be prepared.. it is a gamble.. Buy an official release and you wont be burned.

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

The Beatles MONO cd box set.. BUYER BEWARE

Let me get this right.

You bought a bootleg knowing it was a bootleg.

What you have done is contribute to the bootlegger's coffers and, thus, given them more incentive to rip people off. Congratulations.

Call some place paradise, kiss it goodbye - Don Henley
Message 2 of 2
Latest reply