All of a sudden I'm unable to view any auction pictures or thumbnails.

Quite suddenly I am unable to view any photos or pictures on eBay. Either on auctions or My eBay. No photos, no thumbnails. Nothing I've tried seems to make a difference - when I click on the where the photo should be it says "image not available"
Anyone have any suggestions?

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Another ebay glitch. Noticed last night with some new listings. Cannot mouse over image to enlarge photos. This morning cannot upload photos to new listings as saying file is corrupted. At the end of my tether. Closed my store in September and now it has become too much effort and time to even bother doing the 40 free listings(well in September were not free). My sales have dropped considerably and I think it is due to so many glitches since 1st of September.
Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

Appears to be an eBay site glitch with others reporting pic problems.

image host
Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

Are you using Firefox? Many posts saying they can't see photos when using Firefox

I don't think it's 100% a browser issue thoguh, just ebay being ebay (and denying there is an issue even though many have reported the same thing)

Again, depends on who speaks to who on that one

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

Ditto, unable to do anything with pictures, re: exising item pictures nor draft items pictures on Ebay!!:(  It must be an Ebay technical problem since so many members are having the same trouble.

@capricornika wrote:

Quite suddenly I am unable to view any photos or pictures on eBay. Either on auctions or My eBay. No photos, no thumbnails. Nothing I've tried seems to make a difference - when I click on the where the photo should be it says "image not available"
Anyone have any suggestions?

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

Reply from ebay to me is,,,,

Shyam
14:10 PM
Please note there are thousands of Web browser available and many of them are being developed by independent entities like Firefox, Opera and many more on a loss and no profit basis and for the sack of budget or any other internal technicalities they might not be able to update to latest technologies and Security patches in pace with new developing technologies. That is beyond our or your control or authority to ask the third party software developer to update the features in their web browser. So, it is better to go with established and commercial Web browser like Chrome or Internet Explorer for a glitch free experience
Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

Just shows have buck passing and full of it they are

I use Chrome and have constant glitches (funnily enough, all of them isolated to ebay)

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

must be a  firefox problem- if I sign in with chrome I can see the photos

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

Perhaps this one, but for them to say to use an established browers for a 'glitch free experience'

Ahem

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

This issue (pics not showing in some web browsers) is being reported to eBay all over the world.

I have done some digging and found that the error on non-IE (not Microsoft Iinternet Browser) is due to revoked security and most likely an expired security certificate (for eBay, this is managed by Norton).

So, simply, the pics won't show on FireFox or Chrome becuase they are doing the job ๐Ÿ™‚ on the other hand, Microsoft's IE doesn't give a **bleep** ๐Ÿ˜„

Example of an actual item pic:

This won't display the pic:  https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/tEkAAOSwg0BZ2gJO/s-l300.jpg

Remove the s in https (make it just http://...) and the pic will appear!

I hope an eBay staff is reading this.

Cheers

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply