Locked out of associated account over 10c

I have just been through the mosy absurd dealing that I have ever had with any company.  I will do my absolute best to disuade people from using E-bay.  My primary account has been locked for 4 months because by daugter set up an account that is somehow 'linked' and attempted to sell a dress early this year.  She was unsuccessful, but somehow ended up owing 10c in late fees on her account.  So over the 10c apparently owing on her account, the morons locked my account.  I have been throught the Philipine merry go-round 5 times now over getting my account unlocked, and each time they have credited the 10c and supposedly fixed everything.  I even have written E-mails to say it's fixed, but it isn't.  I have wasted in excess of 3 hours over the 10c, and E-bay has lost roughly $2,000 in sales over the period.  I cannot believe that a company starts a good business, but allows the morons in finance to destroy it by making it impossible to talk to anyone who can actually fix a problem.  Looking forward to Amazon.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Unfortunately when one account is suspended from ebay all accounts are suspended....and that means the accounts of all members of the family.

It is most unlikely that you will ever be allowed on ebay again, no matter what you are told by the call centre operators.....they do not have the authority to do it anyway.

You will have to contact the USA to get anywhere.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

you could try sending a Private Message to michelleoz (an eBay employee) who posts on these boards.  You will need to state your case in a calm manner and outline the steps you have already followed.  If you need help working out how to send a Private Message just reply to this post and ask.

It certainly seems like a gross over reaction on eBay's part to restrict all family accounts over 10 cents.

I wish you good luck.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Thanks for the suggestions. Luckily, last time the merry go round in the Philippines did manage to remove the restriction and my account works again. What sort of business locks all associated accounts over 10c and then makes themselves basically 'uncontactable'. Luckily I have managed to contact sellers privately over the last few months so that I can buy direct now. I hope someone from Ebay sees this post and understands that they have lost, (and will now continue to lose), a considerable amount because, 1. They locked associated accounts over a very small amount of money and 2. They then made themselves uncontactable.
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

For future reference, if you have any issues like this again, if you have Facebook, have a whinge on their Facebook page. The people who run it are in Australia and I've found them to be pretty good and will help if they can. They don't like being publicly shamed, so they jump on the issue pretty quickly. As long as you write a calm message, outlining the issue, they'll bend over backwards to help. Just make sure you go to the correct eBay page. Check for the blue tick up the top next to the name to show it's the genuine site (there are a lot of knockoffs that people will use to steal your details).

As an FYI, and issue with Australia Post and they will bend over backwards on their Facebook page too. Providing you leave a calm, polite message, even if you do feel like ripping someone a new one.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply