Not receiving confirmation email when changing email address

xaaronx
Community Member

So I've contacted eBay about this issue and apparently they're looking into it but I doubt anything will come of it.

I have my own domain, it's a .xyz domain (http://some website.xyz) and along with this I host my own email server and have my own .xyz email address.

Every service I use online (around 12) that I've moved over from my old (outlook) email to my new one has worked fine, even Gumtree. eBay is the only problematic site. I'm not receiving any mail on my new address from eBay, including the confirmation email. I think it's an issue on their end, but open to suggestions.

Anyone have any ideas on what I could try to fix the issue? I have all spam filters turned off and I'm deffinetely not receiving any mail from eBay to my new address. 😞

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Check in your account details that it has actually been changed. When I changed emails for one account, it took multiple goes for it to change. You also can't have an email that matches your ID. For example, if your user ID is treetrunk, then you can't have treetrunk @ abc.com

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

It hasn't been changed. When I try to, eBay send a verification code to the new email and you have to enter the code before your email address is updated. So since eBay won't send me any emails, including a verification code, I'm stuck.
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Have you checked your spam folder?

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Yes, I don't have any spam filters enabled. I'm hosting my own mail.
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

I got it working. I requested an email change probably about 10 times within 5 minutes. I typed my new email in twice, typed the bot code in and hit submit, hit back on the browser and clicked sign in, put my new email in again with the bot code and submit, and looped that about 10 times.

After doing it probably 5 times I got like 4 confirmation emails for the first time on my new email.

So my email has been changed. Who knows if there's still an issue with eBay though, maybe I still won't recieve important emails.

But this confirms it's eBays problem.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Worked great! Thanks a lot! 🙂
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply