Postage Calculator not working

When I created the listing for an item whose postage cost depends on location, I put in all the relevant details (dimensions and weight) but when I look at the completed listing (and I'm logged in), there is no postage cost displayed. When I click the 'Calculate' button that does display, I get told my postcode is invalid. Two potential buyers have already emailed me to ask about postage cost, as they are also being told their postcode is invalid. What is going on?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Item number?

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Just tried it and I am getting the Invalid postcode message too....I am in suburban Sydney in case it helps.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

I know it's a long shot, but go into your postage preferences and make sure you haven't blocked Australia as well. As I said, a long shot, especially as the listing says you post to Australia. There might be a gremlin in there somewhere.

Try going in to edit your listing and also open and edit your Partylite Lantern, as that also has calculated postage. See if the settings are identical. If everything looks OK, all I can suggest is ending and relisting, maybe as a sell similar rather than a relist.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Checked the exclusion list and that's not the problem.

Oddly enough, my only other listing with calculated postage (lantern) works just fine, and both were listed at the same time. I had already decided to go in and edit the listing, and if that doesn't work, just start again (since we still have the 100 free listings per day).

I've just been in to edit the listing - changed around the dimension order, changed the handling charge, but it is still not working. I will have to relist.

(But before then, work out what to do with the two images I had hosted on Photobucket and now won't show)..

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Download the images onto your hard drive and upload them from there. I've heard people mention there have been some issues with photobucket. Hopefully you can get it sorted!! If relisting or sell similar doesn't fix it, I'd be doing a sell similar from the lantern listing, as that one seems to be working.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply