Redirected you to many times, ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS,

There seems to be an issue with ebay when you try to view an item it comes up saying "This page isn't working, redirected you to many times, try clearing your cookies"

In face most people have done that over and over again fix your site please it's causing problems with sales and listings.

ebay to many redirects.PNG

Message 1 of 40
Latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

+1 for this problem... I've tried all the main browsers - FF, Chrome, Safari, IE... the only one that is still works every now & then is clunky old IE! Mind you, that only probably worked because I cleared out the cookies - AGAIN!!!!

Like the above user said, you really need to fix this problem...

Message 2 of 40
Latest reply

I agree - ebay Australia is pretty hopeless at the moment.

Feedback will not post with it's : Oopps something went wrong error ... be helpful to know what !!!!

The too many redirects error, I ain't clearing my cookies anymore as it makes no difference except I have to fill in my log in details to other sites .. thanks ebay, lost track of the number of times I've done this.

Can view the list of items OK, but soon as you look at an item it's error time !!

Found a short term cure though, log into ebay us and everything will work fine, just cut and paste the item number from the list view into ebay us and off you go.

Feedback also works from the ebay us version and it's the old style page too.

So the US works, AU does not, guess that tells us where the problem lies.

I found the same thing as another member using IE instead of Google, it will work sometimes but not others.

Ebay AU is the only site that I visit that has the problem....mmmmm.

Message 3 of 40
Latest reply

Update :

Mine is sort of fixed for the moment.

I've cleared the browsing data in Chrome for the last 4 weeks several times, and it seemed to take ages.

When it was finally done, same result with ebay error.

This time I did it to the beginning of time, one section at a time (But not cookies ..Yay) and it seemed to

zip through each one, then ebay began to woork again.

For how long who knows 🙂Chrome.jpg

Message 4 of 40
Latest reply

Do you think ebay even looks at what people have to say and if they don't how do we get them so fix this problem ?

Message 5 of 40
Latest reply

@giltron007 wrote:

Do you think ebay even looks at what people have to say and if they don't how do we get them so fix this problem ?

No. No idea.

Maybe read the numerous other threads about this and try some of the solutions.

Message 6 of 40
Latest reply

I would have thought it a given to clear from the beginning of time. You haven't cleared out if you don't. I don't think I've cleared at all this year. I won't either until stuff stops working.

As for the error. I get that with quite a few different sites from time to time. I just wait a few seconds and the page automatically refreshes and the page comes up. If it doesn't refresh, I do it manually and the page comes up. No big deal. It's not an inconvenience.

Message 7 of 40
Latest reply

I have cleaned out my cookies a number of times, turned of the virus protection, and updated google 

this is a few things others have done but i thought i would try it as well.

Message 8 of 40
Latest reply

Ok in google crome goto advance setting top right then goto advanced 

Go to cookie clean out but also do the cashe make sure you tick from the begging of time and boom it worked for me 

Message 9 of 40
Latest reply

It's only a fix for a few days then its back again. Maybe even after 1 day for me i have to clear all again!

Message 10 of 40
Latest reply