Redirected you to many times, ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS,

There seems to be an issue with ebay when you try to view an item it comes up saying "This page isn't working, redirected you to many times, try clearing your cookies"

In face most people have done that over and over again fix your site please it's causing problems with sales and listings.

ebay to many redirects.PNG

Message 1 of 40
Latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

It's a total pain in the A. I've tried everything and it's still a daily problem.
Message 11 of 40
Latest reply

I had the same problem with google chrome.I fixed it by clearing the following 4 items (not just the cookies) all at the same time.Click on Browsing History, Download History, Cache Images & Files and Cookies and other site data,then hit the clear browing data button. and have had no problems for 5 days now signing in/out and also viewing listings.There is however another site problem over the last 2 days, where the postage calculator is not working.Hope this works for you.

Message 12 of 40
Latest reply

If your using Firefox, I did the following and was able to use Firefox as a browser again for e bay.

Open up your Firefox panel.Go to Firefox help (? question mark symbol bottom right corner) on the browser then trouble shooting information.I refreshed Firefox by clicking the refresh button (this removed my add ons) but after refreshing and restarting my computer I reinstalled my only add on (ad block plus) which took 30 secs, then I was able to log back into ebay Australia and operate my account.There is another technical issue popped up over the last 2 days where the postage caculator is not working, but that is happening to everyone as well, at least the above will get you back into the site.Kane.

Message 13 of 40
Latest reply

Apparently Ebay Canada is also experiencing this problem.

Message 14 of 40
Latest reply

I'm not really sure where the problem really lies at the moment.

Don't know if it's ebay causing the problems by changing pages or in Chrome itself. 

Was working fine for me until I left feedback today (With the new style page) and then back to errors again.

I only cleared the Cache this time and nothing else.....all now works OK.

I read somehere (Cannot find it now) that the problem may happen when Chrome compares cached pages to current ones

and if they don't match errors occur.

Might be right, might be wrong, I'm not a computer guy, but seems to work without clearing anything else.

Message 15 of 40
Latest reply

Having the same problem for days now on my desktop PC, which runs Windows 10. I ended up going onto my old laptop which uses Windows Vista and Ebay works fine. Perhaps it's a Windows 10 issue?? Whichever it is it's bloody annoying.

Message 16 of 40
Latest reply

I have a year old HP with windows 10 and in the last 2 weeks have experienced lots of problems particularly through CHROME with 

ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS and this page has problems cannot load (all on Eay - no problems on other sites).

I rang Ebay and they messed things up worse.

Consequently I ended up uninstalling and reinstallinng CHROME all to no avail.

Presently I am using Microsoft Edge (which is not my favourite and a learning experience) until the problems can be sorted out.  

It has certainly slowed down my new Ebay listings to my great detriment and I am not enjoying working the site these days. 

Message 17 of 40
Latest reply

It can't be a Windows 10 problem.  

I'm running Win10 with their browser Edge, with no problems whatsoever

Message 18 of 40
Latest reply

Clearing cookies will now not solve this issue as I reported more than a week ago and eBay still has not fixed. I'm using Chrome with Windows 7 Pro. If they can't fix it for Chrome and Win 7 Pro then heaven help eBay at the momnent. I can't even check listings which have sold to cross-reference every packing item!! This means I can not longer see the listings which have actually sold!

Message 19 of 40
Latest reply

i also use Win 7 and Chrome (and Firefox). I haven't had any problems, so it would appear not to be browser or OS specific.

Message 20 of 40
Latest reply