Sydney - postage not showing, calculator not working, listings missing

Anyone in Sydney has this problem? It' been like this for past few days, buyer emailing me they can't by my items because can't access postage cost or that pages show I don't ship to their location. I was even not able to find some of my owl listing. It's total chaos, how can I sell anything like this? I get emails from buyer like these below. What's going on?

I have tried 10 plus times still unable to get ebay to accept my postcode 3024
took over half an hour but finally got through
how much is postage to 3199, Vic?
Hey when checking out it says free postage, but then says you don't post to my address?
How much postage to Oakleigh 3166

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I am in Sydney and when I clicked on the calculate button it told me that my post code was invalid. 

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor
Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

It's been like tbhis for about past five days. But the Ebay just haven't been running well for at least a months anyway. Cliking on reply to message sometimes takes for ever to load, sometimes things just don't want to load properly, sometimes it just hangs.... It's a major issue.  But now it looks like it's falling apart because even Ebay told me today on the phoner there is an issue, while just yesterday Ebay phone person tried to convince me that it's all  my fault, that need to put in fixed postage cost (???). I've been selling since Ebay opened, I think I know more that they do. But at least they're (hopefully) looking at the problem. In the mean time sales are being lost.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

My postage calculator is still not working since last week.I've had one sale, and had to manually enter the postage cost after visiting Australia Post site to get correct rate, to be able to send the invoice.I think my buyers are heading for the hills when they see my listings with postage - contact  seller/calculate  etc which keeps popping up with the message'' invalid postcode'', my listings fall into the too hard basket.All my post only listings have been set up with the correct weights and box dimensions but the link to Australia Post must be inoperable.It won't be long before this train wreck of a trading platform is finished, buyers can't sign in let alone buy/view the listings.Asking tech support just gets you the standard, ''thank you our technical team are looking into it,'' well that was 10 days ago, maybe look a bit harder, otherwise you'll all be looking for a new job when ebay Aust closes.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

From what I can see this issue is something that is specifically affecting all calculated postage listings that use the โ€œAustralia Post Parcel Post Parcel + Signatureโ€ postage service.

It is clearly a system bug/defect that eBay will need to resolve with a technical fix.

You should be able to work around the issue by editing your listings to change the postage service to the โ€œAustralia Post Parcel Post Parcelโ€ service and then adding the extra approx. $3 in the 'Handling Cost' field to cover the additional amount required for Signature on Delivery service. Once you've changed the postage service in your listing as above go back into the listing and you should see that postage amount is now calculating correctly for your item.

This workaround has temporarily resolved the issue for me until eBay get around to implementing a proper fix (it will work where you are only offering a single postage service but doesn't help if you are wanting to offer your buyers a choice of multiple services).

Hope this can be of help to anyone else affected by this issue.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

I gave it a try and changed some listigns. But it was pointless because buyers still ask me why the listings show I don't post to their location. How many buyers will go to trouble asking rather than just leave the page? 1 out of 100 maybe. So sales effected anyway.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Instead of better it's getting worse. Listing page loads fine but one has to wait for ever for messages and other items in menus to load up.  It just took me 5 minutes to reply to one message.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

@retropack wrote:

Instead of better it's getting worse. Listing page loads fine but one has to wait for ever for messages and other items in menus to load up.  It just took me 5 minutes to reply to one message.

I'm not having any of those issues, but I use an adblocker.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply