Text Defaulting to Arial 14

We are using Seller Hub.

1.  We have tried numerous times to set Arial text to size 12. It continually defaults to size 14 once we save. I'm speaking of templates and listing forms. We can use Arial10 or 14, but not 12. I've just noticed this happening with other fonts too??

2.  The review page in either listings or templates shows your work quite differently (very jumbled and unformatted) compared to what the actual listing shows, which seems to sort itself. Trouble is, I spent many hours trying to re-format before realising that somehow ebay technology sorts all this out, most anyway.

3.  Quite often can't revise a listing. Taken to a page saying, 'can't connect with server.'

4.  Pics not enlarging when buyers click on them.

5.  Paying for gallery plus, but this is only working spasmodically too.

kindest

Melina.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

what browser are you using?
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

gec2002
Community Member

Which listing are you refering to as most seem to be Comic Sans.

Also how are you generaating your text.  Are you copying and pasting from Word or similiar?

---------------------------------------------------
Profanity is no substitute for wit.
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Some of our older listings are in comic sans. We are now using Arial. Much better, we think? We've been trying, testing and learning as we go and Implimenting a lot of the help suggestions kindly given to us here.  I think our most recent listings are looking much better.

And, yes, some of our listings, I can't remember which now, were generated in word, copied and pasted. I can see. I think what you might be suggesting here, but there is also listings that have been generated in the seller Hub listing form in Arial 12 and all seems okay until I hit save. When I re-open the text has defaulted to size 14. For example each individual item description is generated in the seller hub listing form.

Perhaps I should start with a template again and make sure I do it all in the listing form. Would that perhaps be a good start?

thanks,

Melina

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

L

@clubesquire wrote:

And, yes, some of our listings, I can't remember which now, were generated in word, copied and pasted. I can see. I think what you might be suggesting here, but there is also listings that have been generated in the seller Hub listing form in Arial 12 and all seems okay until I hit save. When I re-open the text has defaulted to size 14. For example each individual item description is generated in the seller hub listing form.

Perhaps I should start with a template again and make sure I do it all in the listing form. Would that perhaps be a good start?

thanks,

Melina

Looking at an Arial listing its definitely showing MS Office Verbage.  eg <p class="MsoNormal" style="font-size: 14pt; font-family: Arial; text-align: left;"> the MsoNormal is Microsoft Office Normal. 

If you are using Office Word for text first paste it into a text editor such as Notepad this will strip out all your Microsoft xml, then copy and paste from the notepad into your listing.  Your Templates are probably similiarly corrupted.

The new eBay listing tool now adds <font rwr="1" style="font-family:Arial" size="4">at the start of any listing when listed or relisted so you need to set the size you want for all text, otherwise it will show as Arial size 4 (ie Arial 14pt).

---------------------------------------------------
Profanity is no substitute for wit.
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Thank you, thank you.

The knowledge you guys have - awesome!

I'm very grateful.

Melina

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply