reco.ebay.com delays ebay

While browsing ebay, why does my computer lock and not respond until reco.ebay.com finishes?

What is reco.ebay.com?

How can I remove it or stop it doing that?

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

imastawka
Honored Contributor

I have no iea what site that is.

Try clearing cookies and cache - or at the very least browsing history.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Unsatisfactory answer. When you call customer service at eBay, it's always what they respond - like, it's YOUR fault if eBay doesn't function well, it's because YOUR caches are stuffed with cookies.

Well - NO. I've cleared all caches and cookies and eBay is STILL block while this f*****g reco thing is processing. 

to me, it happens only when I'm on My Recap page. It's infuriating and it makes ebay a website that is increasingly difficult to use... and if the only thing they're going to do about it is thell you "clear your caches", one day will come the day when nobody will use eBay any more.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

How rude!

It is hardly our fault if your computer does not access ebay to your satisfaction.

I am with Stawka.....I have no idea what the site is or why you keep getting it.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Or why, if you're the OP, it took you 4 months to respond just to have a shot at stawks.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

You can block reco.ebay.com using ScriptSafe. Check YouTube videos for how to use ScriptSafe.
Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

I Imagine they have it all worked out by now.  This is an old thread.  Please check dates brfore replying.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

By asking the origoinal question here, in the eyes of ebay, the issue was raised in importance.

Ebay then fixed the security issue with their code. The issue is now resolved.

To admit fault would be a commercial liability, so I expect we will be left in the dark.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

As ebay does not read or respond on the boards I am not sure how you work out that by posting here the issue is raised in importance.

Ebay does not care where you ask the question....if you ring the CS people they just get you off the phone as quickly as they can with any explanation that they think sounds feasible.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply