Ebay (Aus) intends to block other countries from selling in Australia..!!!!

There was a snippet on the news, this arvo, that Eaby (Aus), intends to block overseas countries from selling in Australia. I didnt stick around to hear the whole thing, but if it's true, then "please" bring it on. China will have a massive heart attack, if this happens. No more scams, no more dud items, no more items advertised as being in Darwin, or Regents Park.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Maybe read about the whole issue before posting on the boards.

It is in connection with the Government wanting to impose GST on all imported item and how to implement this.

Ebay has just reacted by saying they may have to ban Australians from buying from overseas.

It is highly unlikely that it will benefit Australian ebay sellers as you would see if you read some of the comments that have been made on other threads about the subject.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Maybe you should take a leaf out of your own book and learn to read, before you comment..Stick around, you might learn something.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

@brambles-burnett wrote:

Maybe you should take a leaf out of your own book and learn to read, before you comment..Stick around, you might learn something.

I have been reading.....have you read the submissions to the government on the subject?

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

You obviously didn't read my original comment. If you had, you would have known, that;

1/ As I said, "there was a snippet on television".

2/ I did not "see or listen" to the whole thing, as I was passing the television.

3/ This was the 1st time, "I had heard about it". (wed night).

and...

4/ As I had just done "1 - 3", then how would I know about the submissions to govt. (see 3 again).

So, I stand by my original comment,

"Maybe, you should take a leaf out of your own book and "learn to read, before you comment"..

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

So you're chicken little?

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply