Ebay is freezing constantly as I try to search on it. I run chrome. Just with ebay.

Ebay is freezing when I use it, all the time. I run chrome as my browser. Only happens in ebay. thanks robyn

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Ebay is freezing constantly as I try to search on it. I run chrome. Just with ebay.

Have you got an ad blocker ?

Could also be due to them 'improving' things with active content etc

Has this only started recently 

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

No its been going on for a while. I don't have an ad blocker that I am aware of(?) not sure what your refer to Bad bear, bad wolf??? sorry, robyn

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

Bear is suggesting to download one of these.

It can help to speed your browsing up.

https://adblockplus.org/

image host
Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

Thank you, I shall do that right now. Cheers, r

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

Thank you, that has made a difference. I appreciate you taking the time to answer and be so helpful, best r

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

@rosebeads123 wrote:

Ebay is freezing when I use it, all the time. I run chrome as my browser. Only happens in ebay. thanks robyn

Keep in mind that Chrome "stores" cookies and cache so you need to go to and click on the three dots at the

top right of the page and move down and hover over More tools and then select Clear browsing data.

You can then select what you want to clear,(as long as you know all your passwords).good.gif

Edit:

One other thing a number of people forget about is to empty their Recycle bin,(I once cleared someones bin

that had over 1000 "files" in it),shok.gif

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

Just recently > eBay freezes up constantly.

I guess they were just itching to find aniother way to waste more of the seller's time.....

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

That might be the case if it was a widespread issue. Which it apparently is not. Given the lack of complaints, even on the normal boards.

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

Im having the same issue. Ive already completed the normal process eg cleared cookies, rebooted computer etc. Mind you this is a new gaming laptop. I have also contacted Ebay twice in approx the last 2mths and the first time they infomed me they will reply with an update (I heard nothing back, I contacted them on a live chat) and the second time (emailed them) they have informed me to complete the same procedures which I have already completed and then sent me a survey to complete my experience with them. In further investigation I have also found this issue on my friends and familys computers (I also followed the normal procedures of resolution to ensure all steps have been taken to the best of my knowledge). davewil1964 you say this is neither recent nor news. Maybe Im missing a step. Any chance you could please run through the process you would follow to resolve this issue because Im at an end. Ive cleared browsing data (from beginnning of time), restarted the computer, ran anti-virus (bitdefender) and not sure what else there is to try.
Message 10 of 14
Latest reply