HIHow can I support ebay by the info regards to blocking Australian customers in buying online

granjaz
Community Member

Hi

How do i support ebay in the bill NOT to be passed in relation to australia not being able to buy online with ebay. This is not right at all, why is it we have to buy Australian when its too expensive to buy from the shop most of the time. We should have an option to buy where we want to buy we have freedom of speech so to speak. But its ridiculous the government stopping us buying online. 

Its bleeding Australian families dry as usual. Its already expensive to live here as it is without buying here. The prices on some items can be expensive thats why a lot of people go for second hand or online buying as this works out cheaper for Australians. 

If I can lobby by any means I would just tell me how too. We are not in a communist country but you would think we are, telling us what we have to do only because they want us to buy australian products and get more money from taxes. If the government thought more about paying for overseas travel in 1st class that australian taxpayers provide. Every year something goes up, it never comes down. We Australians get the raw end of everything its difficult for families these days and a lot of people do without. But if buying online is the cheaper option we should have the right to do so. Im so disgusted with the government on the whole, but they can give themselves a payrise when they want Im so fed up with the politics of this country. 

The variety is better online also we have choices, and not places like Harvey Norman in Australia that are so expensive for their products.

Where is fair to people in Australia I am a buyer on Ebay and I love ebay to stop this for australian people is so wrong on so many levels.

I want permission to create a facebook page and share my posts etc etc to australian people who can have there say I need to do something. If I have to send a letter to Malcolm Turnbull.

Barbara

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

HIHow can I support ebay by the info regards to blocking Australian customers in buying online

Try lobbying your local Member of Parliament.

Or actually reading what is proposed. As a struggling Aussie you would want to buy from Australian sellers, would you not? The proposal would add 10% to foreign purchases. Or, ambitly, eBay is proposing to not allow Australian eBay buyers to purchase from overseas, through eBay. There are many other avenues for online buying.

Or not being a Chicken Little.

I do understand your quandary though. 124 transactions in 9 years makes you a buyer eBay couldn't afford to lose.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

NOBODY is trying to stop you from buying from overseas.

The government just wants you to pay the GST on items purchased overseas and ebay is having a dummy spit at the thought of maybe being asked to collect that GST.

The easiest thing for them to do is a kneejerk reaction and say they will not allow Australian to buy from overseas.

I am sure there will be plenty of other companies who will happily collect the GST and remit it to the government....buy through them if ebay actually goes ahead with their threat.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply